WD Tenuis

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm not sure if he's fragging right now. I think he's growing it out. I suckered him on a trade for my crappy tenuis before he knew how awesome this piece was. :) lol

Thats why I didnt want to bug him. Keep me in mind and next time you talk to him mention my name. Thanks so much Rich.

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You forgot to mention the part where Mike posted a picture with his company logo in it. Mike is welcome to post pictures and give information without his company logo. Information is always welcome on R2R but when you're promoting corals for sale and you're not a sponsor it's not good. Man all this drama over some ugly colored stick!!!! I'm going back to the zoa section lol[/QUOTE

Perhaps a seperate thread should be started for this issue, but I think an important one. I don't know anybody in this discussion and am viewing this from a completely outside perspective. I come to this forum for knowledge. That is the value of the forum, the better the knowledge the higher the value. I can understand deleting posts that are flaming and provide no value to the discussion of a thread, but do not understand deleting a post that increases knowledge. How is a picture with a logo any different from other reefers I see that post pictures with "watermarks" of their reef logo?

I know the watermark and logo both serve a dual funtion, and that is if someone reposts that image, the origination is credited to the person it belongs to, there is protection there. The second is branding, adding a watermark of your reef logo is branding. From what I see the "casual" reefer that is watermarking their coral usually is involved in some type of resale.. and it isn't at friend pricing. They are charging retail.

Let me be clear, I don't have any issue with that, but I don't really see the difference in what Aquanut was trying to do as opposed to other hobbyist regardless if he has a little piece of paper that let's him buy wholesale or not.

Deleting those posts removes very valuable knowledge. I think is censureship and not condusive to the transfer of knowledge. I agree that it is important to the vendors that support the site that they have special recognition, but I don't think that should be at the expense of censoring knowledge.

Personally, it makes me feel like protection of vendor status is more important than dissemenating knowledge. Which will make me visit the site less often.

No flaming... just felt strongly like I needed to voice this opinion for the health of the forum.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Folks, the situation here is quite simple. By this site's definition, Aquanaut has been deemed commercial. As a reminder to that definition:
Being deemed commercial is not just for parties that have a physical store or website. There are many factors that may lead to a member being deemed commercial. Some of them are having a constant supply of an item, large supply of an item, or buying with the intent to resell.

Also as a reminder, from the terms of service:
Be Ethical:

Many participants have commercial interests associated with the forum topic and bring valuable information and expertise to share. With a few specific exceptions (see sponsor section), participants may not use the Forum for commercial gain.

* Participants may not post to direct others to any pages at their own commercial website or website in which they have a commercial interest, including informational pages unless a sponsor account has been established and then only in areas here where advertising is expressly permitted.
* Non-Sponsoring Vendors are not allowed to use Reef2Reef as a place to do business, via posting habits, Private Messages or Photo Content.

It's really that simple; there's no other motivations involved here. A person who is commercial cannot promote their product/goods in any way without being a site sponsor. Posting photos of your product is inherently promoting it.

Furthermore, these rules are simply in place to provide fairness for our site sponsors; they are not there to "protect" the site sponsors. The sponsors fall under the same terms and conditions which apply to each of you, with only the addition of the sponsor's clause. (If anyone wants to read more on that, there is a link to the terms of service in the footer of all pages you visit here. Here's that link in case anyone can't find it: Reef 2 Reef - User Agreement)

We strive really hard around here to be as neutral as possible, and we do not wish to take away anyone's privileges unless it's absolutely necessary. Never is moderator action swiftly taken without discussion among other moderators. In almost all situations, we give the users the benefit of the doubt.

Wow! I hate to see this kind of stuff regarding people I know and trust.

First off mike is not commercial he is a hobbyist with a couple frag tanks in his house. How many of us have frag tanks? (For the record I don't right now but will trim and sell like any other hobbyist)

People hate on Cornbred but 100% of people that hate on him have never seen his stuff in person. If they did they'd have absolutely nothing negative to say other than "dang I wish I could get (vendor speaking) that or I wish I could afford (hobbyist speaking) that"!

The wd is real and enough people have it to justify its existence and beauty. There are far more shady things and inaccurately depicted photoshopped coral by vendors on this site. These vendors are protected because they fund the club and pay for sponsorship but everyone attacks the guys who are legit. I don't get it.

For the record I am not one of those politically correct (in case you haven't noticed) people and I call a spade a spade. Everything I have said has been truthful and forthright. There is no need to delete my post or reprimand me for my statements, and if someone's feelings get hurt and send a mod a pm, tell them to get over it and stop hating because they can't attain or afford sick stuff that actually does exist. My opinions are not just my own and I am simply speaking on behalf of several people that have expressed the same opinions. I have deliberately left out specific names and spoken generally to avoid being burned at the stake by the mob of political correctness and high dollar vendors that I'd never buy from anyway due to distrust.

There I said it:)
Normally, we would remove a post such as this. It is in clear violation of the site's terms of service, which are something you've all agreed to by signing up here at R2R. This post falls under:
Be Courteous:

We aim to ensure that the forum is an enjoyable place that you want to visit time and time again. Our underlying philosophy is that the strength of the member relationships we build here is what sets us apart from the other boards - we are friendlier, more civil, more insightful, more mature and more fun.

* Do not post unsubstantiated gossip, libelous remarks or directly misleading information.
* Be mindful of yourself and others. This forum is not a democracy; it is privately owned and we make the rules. If rules are violated we retain the right at our discretion to remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or remove members. Any abuse toward our staff may/will result in immediate suspension of your account. Complaints about moderator decisions may not be made in posts; instead send a private message to a moderator. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned. Do not repost deleted material.

With that said, I'm going to leave it in effort to show everyone we're not running some bigger conspiracy here. And sure, you could point out hypocrisy here as well; while the quoted post is not very PC, I'm not being very PC by using it as an example, but so be it.

Keep this thread on track please. Speculation, criticism, and other unsubstantiated claims will be dealt with accordingly from this point forward if the thread continues in the wrong direction.

Thank you.

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stick to SPS because I can't afford ultra acans :) Since we're on the topic of awesome sticks, I have to share this one. This guy ValorG in my area bought a bleached colony and it turning into the nicest acro I have ever laid eyes on in person. He calls it a supergirl acro. It's like a superman monti but in acro form lol. I think its a vermiculata species. Cool thing about this piece is that you don't have to give it crazy high par to keep color. It seems like a slow grower though, at least for me in the last 6 weeks. This is what it looks like in my tank at the moment. The body is blue in person (comes out purplish in pics) and the polyps are pink/red.
DSC_0021 by rich.colombo, on Flickr
Haha.... here's mine since we are putting them out there.
uploadfromtaptalk1428090503064.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1428090503064.jpg

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking frag pappy. Maybe you can give ssdawood some tips on how to color them up haha

kacrocorals581

Gotta have that acro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here's my other frag of WD pic same day I got it about 2 weeks old taking pic's along the way to see how long it takes to get full color under 8 t5 interested to see how the colors well compare to my other under radium's and reef brights

Attachments

• IMG_20150325_172135.jpg
    IMG_20150325_172135.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 284

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
here's my other frag of WD pic same day I got it about 2 weeks old taking pic's along the way to see how long it takes to get full color under 8 t5 interested to see how the colors well compare to my other under radium's and reef brights

How far from tubes is your frag, and

kacrocorals581

Gotta have that acro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the t5 one 8" from surface 12 ish from tubes my mh piece is 8 from surface and 16 from bulbs

Last edited:

Pappy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure I was running 4 blue + and 4 coral + but just switched to 4 blue+ 2 coral + and 2 actinic

Ati of course

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back