webb burr puffer teeth & food

  • Thread starter Thread starter Debtzu
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Debtzu

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 3, 2016
Messages
3
Reaction score
6
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have a webb burr puffer and he eats a variety of food very well but he only took 2 bites of the clam on the half shell tonight. Basically, I don't think he liked the crunchy shell. I don't want his teeth to get too long, they are okay now. I've read that they can also eat lobster tail, oysters, & mussels. I really prefer not to feed live food (crab), if I have to then I have to but are there any other suggestions? I would be up for giving him crunchy coral too, if that's a go ahead I would need to know what kind. Thank you.
 
For my valentini puffer, I press some shrimp or clam into small pieces of rock or coral skeleton. He picks it off and at the same time scrapes his teeth. I've tried clams with the shell and crab legs, but he never picks at the shell, just the meat.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new