Weeping willow on way.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. I got a pair of them and made the mistake of using peroxide (35%) on some algae too clsoe to the stereos and it wiped them out overnight. I was so mad. I had them for over two months.
I had to order two more pieces. Not a cheap mistake.
The reorders they sent were like three times the size. I had talked to them and told them what happened. They were great for sending such nice pieces. Especially since on the site they were out of stock at the time. :) Fantastic people!

OP
OP
HudsonReefer2.0

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes agree. Pablo is a great asset to the soft coral community. I went w the yellow and yellow purple stereos. I have 2 koji as well. Will order few more. Def not cheap but worthy. Btw ur tank looks great. Scape placement fish. Word

reeftwincities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love Pablo at Marine Farmers! I just picked up an orange polyps stereo from him. It’s killer! Basically looks like a carnation coral. Unfortunately, I don't have a good picture of that one yet, but here's some of my other stereos from Marine Farmers--I've got his yellow, gold, mulberry, and purple polyp varieties and now the orange.

DSC_1007-2.jpg

(Ignore the ridiculous hair algae, that's since been solved...I think!)

I picked up a green tipped long polyp toadstool from MF that has great polyp extensions so far. Excited to see how that one develops.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HudsonReefer2.0

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Love Pablo at Marine Farmers! I just picked up an orange polyps stereo from him. It’s killer! Basically looks like a carnation coral. Unfortunately, I don't have a good picture of that one yet, but here's some of my other stereos from Marine Farmers--I've got his yellow, gold, mulberry, and purple polyp varieties and now the orange.

DSC_1007-2.jpg

(Ignore the ridiculous hair algae, that's since been solved...I think!)

Good to know Pablo's long polyps toadstools will develop the super long streamers look. I picked up a green tipped long polyp toadstool from him that has great polyp extensions so far. Excited to see how that one develops.
WW was from Penny AquaCorals in ME.

secret_reefer337

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to derail the conversation here, but how's the growth speed of the stereos you have? I have four (4) stereos coming by Thursday from Pablo.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slower than some others softies. However, with some tree corals I have found that it takes a good year before you really start to see growth and then they will bloom. That is how a few of my tree corals went in the past. I have not kept my stereos over a year yet so not sure on these guys.

secret_reefer337

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! At least now I know. Have been waiting for the frags for like three weeks now. Pablo have to cut and heal it before shipping. just got a word from him earlier that it will be shipped Wednesday.

Most of my softies are from Pablo.

Will post some pics once it is acclimated.

OP
OP
HudsonReefer2.0

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks! At least now I know. Have been waiting for the frags for like three weeks now. Pablo have to cut and heal it before shipping. just got a word from him earlier that it will be shipped Wednesday.

The way it is w these corals. Lucky to have mine. What others u have?

tsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I picked up a Willow from Pablo nearly 2.5 years ago - quarter size with about a 1.5" stalk. I'm now at dessert/saucer plate, stalk is about 6" high, 3" in diameter. I've fragged the full rim once before from 7" in dimaeter down to 5." Polyps are never at full extension - probably too much light in my system. Down in the sump the polyps are longer on the babies - especially with more direct flow on them instead of wave action up in the display.

secret_reefer337

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The way it is w these corals. Lucky to have mine. What others u have?
Pulsing Sinularia, Yellow Sinularia, purple with green polyps dura, the one with yellow polyps lobophytum, purple with green tips duncan (alien), purple frilly mushroom, ruby red xenia and tonga yellow toadstool.

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 27.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 35.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back