Weird bubble in my hammer coral

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Joined
May 27, 2012
Messages
12,807
Reaction score
3,714
Location
Wandering somewhere in NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed that my hammer coral has a weird bubble in it. Is it anything to be concerned about?

IMG_3046_zpsf8b5a0ef.jpg
 
Is it the mouth. I had a shrimp rip the food out of my hammers mouth and ripped the mouth. It cause it to bubble up very close to what that looks like. It slowly healed back to normal
 
ya i've been keeping hammers/torches for about 5 years and every so often a head will do that, really never knew if it was good/bad. i can say none of mine ever died after doing that
 
Check you calcium levels. Mine would do that when the calcium got very low
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new