Weird goey gel in Ato

  • Thread starter Thread starter omar jawad
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

omar jawad

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 31, 2015
Messages
343
Reaction score
510
Location
Ocala Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can any one tell me if a weird gel is normal in auto top of reservoir. The ATO has been running for 11 months. I wasn't aware of this until I noticed the line was clogged. It's very slimy. Can this add phosphates and nitrates. I started having nitrate and phosphate issues about 6 weeks ago.

Please advise

Thank You
Omar
 
Probably a bacterial build up. I've noticed it to but haven't seen any ill effects from it.
 
Its deffinitly a bacteria buildup, keep in mind ro water can grow bacteria overtime.
 
ro/di water with TDS zero hardly has anything left for stuff to grow on. I have not had anything growing in mine. I'd better check!
 
ro/di water with TDS zero hardly has anything left for stuff to grow on. I have not had anything growing in mine. I'd better check!
See now at first this is what ive thought, but unless w.e container your using is laboratory air tight and sanitized correctly lol. Bacteria will start colonize the surfaces immediately when exposed in o tds rodi water
 
My top off container gets really slimmy and freaks me out lol. So deffinitly everything needs a cleaning @omar jawad i wouldnt worry
 
I just checked, tds is still zero for my ATO reservoir water (after over a year). I do cover the reservoir for all possible dust entrance. I wouldn't say its air tight but pretty good, no dust can get in there easily. I use 1 of those advance acrylic ATO reservoir. I use a piece of cloth to cover the hole that has the hose for the water to be pulled out.

See now at first this is what ive thought, but unless w.e container your using is laboratory air tight and sanitized correctly lol. Bacteria will start colonize the surfaces immediately when exposed in o tds rodi water
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new