Weird Pattern on the White Part of Clownfish

buszk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clownfish is showing some weird pattern on its white part (both sides). It still eats with a good appetite. It starts flashing two days ago (but stops after ich treatment bath).
Can anyone help me identify what this is? The treatment bath every day seems to work because flashing is gone. But the weird pattern near the gill worries us.

Background:
I got two of them from Petco, but the other fish past away a few weeks ago. We spotted small white dots, so treated them both with ich.

Screen Shot 2022-07-14 at 10.15.05 AM.png

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
My clownfish is showing some weird pattern on its white part (both sides). It still eats with a good appetite. It starts flashing two days ago (but stops after ich treatment bath).
Can anyone help me identify what this is? The treatment bath every day seems to work because flashing is gone. But the weird pattern near the gill worries us.

Background:
I got two of them from Petco, but the other fish past away a few weeks ago. We spotted small white dots, so treated them both with ich.

Screen Shot 2022-07-14 at 10.15.05 AM.png
Not sure what ich treatment bath you’re giving it but ich treatment is usually a full 30 days but this is not ich but appears as bacterial, not even brook which is more common with clowns
Try a freshwater dip for 5 minutes which offers relief for a few conditions

OP
OP
B

buszk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what ich treatment bath you’re giving it but ich treatment is usually a full 30 days but this is not ich but appears as bacterial, not even brook which is more common with clowns
Try a freshwater dip for 5 minutes which offers relief for a few conditions
Thank you for the information. I gave it a FW dip, the pattern was still the same. But now I transfer it to QT with Kanaplex to hopefully treat the bacterial infection. Do you have any other advice on treatment?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thank you for the information. I gave it a FW dip, the pattern was still the same. But now I transfer it to QT with Kanaplex to hopefully treat the bacterial infection. Do you have any other advice on treatment?
Monitoe ammonia and add oxygen (optional) with air stone

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 65 46.1%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 47 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back