Weird pineapple sponge total death

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2019
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,049
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just observed a weird occurance in my nano tank. All of the pineapple sponges in the back section of my aio aquarium came loose from the glass and were pumped into the display through the return pump. My display area is absolutley full of shredded and whole pineapple sponges. There's not a single sponge now in the back of my tank. Has anyone seen this before?

I've checked my parameters and they are the same as always.
Salinity 1.026
Temp 78
Alk 7.5
Calcium 420
Mg 1280
Phos .03
Nitrates < 5ppm

The only thing I can think of in the last couple days is I added brightwell floringro nitrates. (Probably not an amazing idea)
 
I have just observed a weird occurance in my nano tank. All of the pineapple sponges in the back section of my aio aquarium came loose from the glass and were pumped into the display through the return pump. My display area is absolutley full of shredded and whole pineapple sponges. There's not a single sponge now in the back of my tank. Has anyone seen this before?

I've checked my parameters and they are the same as always.
Salinity 1.026
Temp 78
Alk 7.5
Calcium 420
Mg 1280
Phos .03
Nitrates < 5ppm

The only thing I can think of in the last couple days is I added brightwell floringro nitrates. (Probably not an amazing idea)
I believe this is made for freshwater.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new