Weird poop?

Wowkuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's this weird poop? It almost looks like worms.

Watch "Weird poop" on YouTube

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell on the video but if your worried about internal parasites use 1:1 ratio of metro and focus mixed with frozen food, add a drop of garlic to mask the taste of meds and feed for 14 days. This is generally Reef safe as long as you only feed what can be eaten.

OP
OP
W

Wowkuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like multiple stringy poop. Not really white. And IIRC. Ive already done a 14day feeding with GC

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like multiple stringy poop. Not really white. And IIRC. Ive already done a 14day feeding with GC

I have heard of some tough cases where the treatments have been stretched out to 3 weeks

OP
OP
W

Wowkuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this helps. But this isn't a new fish. I had this fish for over a year, eats like a PIG and you can see he's not skinny. In most cases fish with internal worm/parasites would eat good but still lose weight. Correct?

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this helps. But this isn't a new fish. I had this fish for over a year, eats like a PIG and you can see he's not skinny. In most cases fish with internal worm/parasites would eat good but still lose weight. Correct?

Have you added anything recently?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on continuing treatment with GC + food + focus for up to a total of 3 weeks if the feces are BOTH stringy and white. If symptoms persist then using fenbendazole or levamisole in lieu of GC to treat stubborn intestinal worms.

OP
OP
W

Wowkuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on continuing treatment with GC + food + focus for up to a total of 3 weeks if the feces are BOTH stringy and white. If symptoms persist then using fenbendazole or levamisole in lieu of GC to treat stubborn intestinal worms.
Thats a bummer. Because I have a fish (achilies) that only eats nori sheets. How can I treat?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats a bummer. Because I have a fish (achilies) that only eats nori sheets. How can I treat?
Seachem makes a flake product for herbivores NutriDiet Chlorella flakes or get something similar. Mix with GC (or Metro) + Focus (as a binder) + herb flakes + enough water to mix a somewhat firm mix . The meds need to get directly to the gut to work really well for stubborn internal parasites.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 37 30.1%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 22 17.9%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 30 24.4%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 32 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back