Weird spots on blue tang after 20+ in copper

sscg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone tell me what is this? flukes?
20190522_221051.jpg
updates ops typos blue tang has weird spots after 20+ days in copper powder at 1.90-2.0 ppm

Last edited:

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait to use prazi until the people above chime in, prazi will greatly reduce the amount of oxygen available in the water by itself and I can't quite remember for sure but I think using it with copper could create a bacterial bloom reducing oxygen even more. They will tell you the correct treatment option

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like black ich to me as well, fw dip to confirm (most of the spots should come off during the dip if it is black ich) followed by PraziPro or General Cure, 2 doses 5-7 days apart.

Since you are using copper, just keep an eye out for bacterial bloom (cloudy water) and make sure there is plenty of aeration. Powerhead aimed at the surface, extra air-stones, etc. If you notice cloudy water after 24-48 hours can do a water change.

OP
OP
sscg

sscg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait to use prazi until the people above chime in, prazi will greatly reduce the amount of oxygen available in the water by itself and I can't quite remember for sure but I think using it with copper could create a bacterial bloom reducing oxygen even more. They will tell you the correct treatment option
oh no, they are in a sterile tank with no medication, so I can use prazi pro, can I use Api General cure instead? or maybe hyposalinity?

OP
OP
sscg

sscg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like black ich to me as well, fw dip to confirm (most of the spots should come off during the dip if it is black ich) followed by PraziPro or General Cure, 2 doses 5-7 days apart.

Since you are using copper, just keep an eye out for bacterial bloom (cloudy water) and make sure there is plenty of aeration. Powerhead aimed at the surface, extra air-stones, etc. If you notice cloudy water after 24-48 hours can do a water change.
oh sorry just saw this... okay I'll use general cure

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back