Weird stylophora polyp extension

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kainic
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kainic

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 12, 2014
Messages
34
Reaction score
55
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I've had some problems keeping SPS for a while and finally I've achieved some stability. I admit I'm now a little paranoid on everything concerning my SPS. Here we go



Do you think this polyp extension (in the base) is normal. This is my new stylophora (2 weeks) but I've seen it also in my old stylophora and seriathopora (both are dead now). What could be the cause of this polyp extension?

Thanks in advance
 
It looks completely normal and happy. On the bases of my Stylophora/Pocillopora where it begins to encrust, the polyps always appear longer.

Also it could be that the base is getting less flow as well.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new