Weird thing in green slimer

  • Thread starter Thread starter qhduong
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

qhduong

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 4, 2020
Messages
491
Reaction score
270
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know what this is? Found it on my green slimer today. Yesterday I saw my hermit crab at this exact spot eating something.
20210820_173514.jpg
20210820_173524.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 20210820_173537.mp4
    13 MB
Looks like discoloration of the coral. Could be a self defense mechanism against the hermit crab I’ve had one do that before. On a side note what type of hermit crab?
 
What might have happened is the crab might have taken a couple chunks out of it mistaken it for algae. I’ve seen this before just keep an eye on it if it gets worse lower your lighting a little.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new