Welcome and first get together

KCSUMPS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so we have the reef 2 reef club site setup and the website as well. That said getting together in person is where a local club definitely is an add...

Our first get together is at Pilgrim Coffee on 127th and Metcalf in Overland Park. Almondkc is getting the back room. Will post the exact date and time HERE...

If I may propose a couple of things for discussion....

1) What things does a local club help with and what do we want to stay away from long term (what made it not so fun or unhelpful)?

2) What works for a meeting and what can we just use the forum for? i.e. live art aquatics will give us a special first look at an auction as a club vs. messaging about problems/solutions/etc

3) What kinds of tanks do each of us have, how long, etc etc

Hope to see you all soon!

Andrew

OP
OP
KCSUMPS

KCSUMPS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hola! Lee’s summit Missouri here. Looking to become a member of this new club!

Good stuff. We are looking for the next meeting location. Maybe we can do something over your direction. I have Chris from Pet Topia and Matt from Reef Rack looking to speak at the next two but if you have someone you think is knowledgable to come to a meeting and educate us let me know. WELCOME!!!

Newbie1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is awesome, I been looking for a club of some sort. I usually go to Live Art Aquatics off Noland road. But recently visited pet topia. Colby and Shelby at live art have walked me through everything from day one. Let me know what dates your thinking, as my work schedule is pretty set and I work days. After a meeting or two I’ll approach Colby/Shelby about speaking.

Newbie1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey FYI at live art aquatics in Independence, on the 28th they are having an Auction and free food. I’m prolly going to go.

OP
OP
KCSUMPS

KCSUMPS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You bet. I am thinking we will do right after the first of the year. I have been trying to get a couple of the local shops scheduling to work. Right now it looks like Matt from Reef Rack and Chris from Petopia are the most free to meet with us...

MillsReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You bet. I am thinking we will do right after the first of the year. I have been trying to get a couple of the local shops scheduling to work. Right now it looks like Matt from Reef Rack and Chris from Petopia are the most free to meet with us...

Right on! I can talk to Shelby and Colby at Live Art and see if they want in. Let me know when you're thinking and I can try to pull some strings.

lavoisier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sounds good. I'll be there.

rmoore311

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lee's Summit here. Just want info want to join.
Hey... So did this group ever get any traction??? I’d love to meet some local people at some point!

Welcome! I don't normally check here, and not sure how much anyone else does. Your best bet as a local resource would be KC Saltwater & Reef or KC Saltwater & Reef Network on Facebook. Lots of for sale posts and a good place for questions.

Newbie1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lee’s summit here! Im down for a reefing club. Let’s meet for coffee? Breakfast or something so we can talk about what we want the club to be ?

OP
OP
KCSUMPS

KCSUMPS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it. We were thinking about Late July for the remainder of everything to calm down. Would that work for you?

Newbie1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we can get together outside kinda thing? Heck someone’s driveway, cooler beer and lawn chairs lol. I’m easy. Let me know!

Hotwater

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moved to Kearney 2 years ago from Vegas and now reside in Excelsior Springs. Getting ready to start up a new tank again. I’d be down to get involved in a club, hey what are some of the “best” shops in the kcmo/kck area? I’d like to check some lfs out.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 51 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%

Back