Welcome to our newest sponsor Hanna Instruments!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Hanna Instruments

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand all this but let's say swap out one of my alkalinity dkh cuvettes for a maple sugar one Cuvettes. Would that make the test in accurate because of use a different cuvette vs the one that comes with it? So essentially the only thing that would be different Would be the cuvettes.
Thank you for the help

The accuracy would remain unchanged so long as both cuvettes are clean and light can pass through unimpaired. You can use different cuvettes for different Checkers without a problem.

Hanna Instruments

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand all this but let's say swap out one of my alkalinity dkh cuvettes for a maple sugar one Cuvettes. Would that make the test in accurate because of use a different cuvette vs the one that comes with it? So essentially the only thing that would be different Would be the cuvettes.
Thank you for the help

Yes you can use different cuvettes with different Checkers. The accuracy would remain unchanged so long as both cuvettes are clean and light can pass through unimpaired.

jml1149

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry, but Hannah screwed me and it still annoys the snot out of me. I'd been using Hannah Alk checker for years, and my tank started to look off. Got worse with time, something was wrong. Come to find out, there was a recall for the Alk checker reagent, but nobody was notified? I found out on a thread here a couple levels deep in a random conversation. Sure enough, I went to the website and my batches or whatever were affected. Yeah, Hannah sent me replacements a couple weeks later, but what the heck??? Why wasn't this posted somewhere obvious?? I ordered the reagent from BRS, did they know? Could somebody have informed me or it been made public? You replaced the bad reagent but not the affected corals! When it was found out, should have been publicized better than some random post several layers deep somewhere on a message board. And to replace it, you could have done me a solid and not sent it snail mail a couple of weeks later. I don't like to crap on sponsors, I get it, but I'm pretty salty (hah) about the whole event and the customer service was terrible. The guy, and I'll find his name and email if you like, suggested I was doing the test wrong?? What the heck? And then the reagent turned chunky? I ended up flushing a ton trying to get a clean sample, and again I was doing the test wrong. Sorry for the rant, but still irks me to this day.

Edit: it's one thing to have a problem, fine I get it. It's another to handle it so poorly.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm sorry, but Hannah screwed me and it still annoys the snot out of me. I'd been using Hannah Alk checker for years, and my tank started to look off. Got worse with time, something was wrong. Come to find out, there was a recall for the Alk checker reagent, but nobody was notified? I found out on a thread here a couple levels deep in a random conversation. Sure enough, I went to the website and my batches or whatever were affected. Yeah, Hannah sent me replacements a couple weeks later, but what the heck??? Why wasn't this posted somewhere obvious?? I ordered the reagent from BRS, did they know? Could somebody have informed me or it been made public? You replaced the bad reagent but not the affected corals! When it was found out, should have been publicized better than some random post several layers deep somewhere on a message board. And to replace it, you could have done me a solid and not sent it snail mail a couple of weeks later. I don't like to crap on sponsors, I get it, but I'm pretty salty (hah) about the whole event and the customer service was terrible. The guy, and I'll find his name and email if you like, suggested I was doing the test wrong?? What the heck? And then the reagent turned chunky? I ended up flushing a ton trying to get a clean sample, and again I was doing the test wrong. Sorry for the rant, but still irks me to this day.

Edit: it's one thing to have a problem, fine I get it. It's another to handle it so poorly.
Well hey, atleast hannah made the effort for a recall, ontop of that renewed-i cant even imagine how many reagents, just because they stand behind there products. I test daily(if im home) and ive gotten tons of sour reagents before from all companys, that ive had to call and provide a reciept to get a refund. But gotta think of it like this,all companys been handing out bad batches of reagents on accident for the longest time now, its up to the end user to cross check with standards or atleast a second test kit. I use 2 hannah alk checkers at once, and i couldnt be happier with my results. No reason to give up faith, i guess when youll experience this issue with another company(witch will happen if your in the hobby long enuff), youll understand =)

For the chunky stuff, Never affected my results, im sure it could though if it sat infront of the opticle sensor while dialing in.

Frop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sorry for your test.

Well hey, atleast hannah made the effort for a recall, ontop of that renewed-i cant even imagine how many reagents, just because they stand behind there products. I test daily(if im home) and ive gotten tons of sour reagents before from all companys, that ive had to call and provide a reciept to get a refund. But gotta think of it like this,all companys been handing out bad batches of reagents on accident for the longest time now, its up to the end user to cross check with standards or atleast a second test kit. I use 2 hannah alk checkers at once, and i couldnt be happier with my results. No reason to give up faith, i guess when youll experience this issue with another company(witch will happen if your in the hobby long enuff), youll understand =)

For the chunky stuff, Never affected my results, im sure it could though if it sat infront of the opticle sensor while dialing in.

My only backup is the API test but those can be all over the place in themselves.. I guess it would be better to have two lots of reagent and then alternate every other day.

smh254

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the past 3 years I've had bad reagent twice. I always compare new reagent with the old one that is about out. I occasionally check it with Salifert test kit and it spot on every time. I love my Hanna checkers.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard, Hanna Instruments!

One of these days, I'll have a fleet of checkers, and testing will be easy and fun - until then, I'll happily read your tips on their use, and your input on all aspects of reefkeeping!

~Bruce

Medic755

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Hanna! I just got the Phosphate checker. I don't plan on a ton of SPS so I'm not sure I'll get the Phosphorous. I do see the others in my future though.

ReeferRoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard Hanna! I am only just starting to cycle my first tank, but already have, Phosphate PPM, Phosphate ULR, Alkalinity DKH and Calcium Colorimeter.

Oh and thank you for having a phosphorus to phosphate conversation table on your website!

Arne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is great news!
I love my Hanna HI736 which I bought to replace my Exact iDip PO4 strips... ;-)

It's great Hanna responds to user questions, thank you so much!
I really hope we will have a Hanna Nitrate checker (marine) in the near future...

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back