Welcome to our newest sponsor Triton US!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to r2r. Can't wait to learn more about this method and get my water tested.

Mike

Thanks! We'll be here to document and inform every step of the way. We'll have new content every couple of days, or more frequently!

-Scott

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The 60g cube I set up was done with ease in mind. So I have built a water change system with a dual head peristaltic pump as well as a semi automatic ATO. I change about 1g per day broken into three parts per day.

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 60g cube I set up was done with ease in mind. So I have built a water change system with a dual head peristaltic pump as well as a semi automatic ATO. I change about 1g per day broken into three parts per day.

Very cool! I think you will find some interest in the results of the testing...Looking forward to hearing more!

-Scott

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Interesting. I was already interested in the triton method, but being skeptical of trusting others to check my water, I was still unsure of trying it out. However, knowing the people that are heading this up makes me trust it a whole lot more! I might just jump in since I know I've been able to see the integrity Unique Corals has been run with. :thumb: Looking forward to more info!

Last edited:

BNUTTHEHUT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks very interesting. Are you going to be selling the test on Unique Corals website?

Last edited:

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the kind words and excitement! Reefwiser is correct, we will be selling the tests starting October 15th on the Unique Corals website, but more important- they will be available from various fish stores, service companies, and other online vendors as well. We have a US "landing page" for Triton, which will probably ultimately morph into a more traditional website. For now, what we have done is begun a re-working- and "Americanization", if you will, of the English section of the Triton website, as some of the good information was a bit lost in the translation.

We understand that North American reefers are a little more inquisitive, less susceptible to advertising hyperbole and claims, and want more information based in fact. You'll see that start to evolve, both on Triton's site Home | Triton GmbH . And of course, you'll be able to ask questions, see original content, and follow the progress of our personal work with the Triton products and "method" at UC on this page, and on the Triton US Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/tritonLA?ref=hl as the weeks progress.

When you're introducing a new product and/or concept with some strong claims, you need to be able to provide factual information, not just marketing hype. Joe and I have the discipline to create as much transparency and integrity as possible for Triton, and we want to make Triton customers very comfortable with them. It's definitely a test that we don't take lightly, as there are many different "balls in the air" during a new product/brand launch, and we are evolving Triton every day for the US Market. There will be significant changes between what you have seen previously on Triton, both on their website, and in the original content and discussions we will present here.

And, if you're used to the type of service and interaction level that Joe and I offer with our other companies, we think you'll appreciate the direction that we're headed. We realize that no one is perfect, and screwup and mistakes are inevitable in any business endeavor managed by humans. We are very much human, and susceptible to screw ups, mix ups, and all of the usual stuff that happens in start ups! Our goal is to evolve procedures and information to help smooth things over on those rare occasions when they occur.

Please be patient as we build more useable content and gear up for the formal U.S. launch!

We are looking forward to providing a user and customer experience that is a little different than what you've experienced from product manufacturers in the past. We want to combine education and interaction with excellent customer service and a good product. It starts by introducing ourselves and our goals, and then rolling out product information and background prior to launch.

We really, truly appreciate the encouragement and support the R2R community has given us as we ramp up for the Triton launch. Together with the most important people in the industry (you guys and gals), we hope to offer a great product and experience that will help you enjoy this awesome hobby even more!

Stay tuned!

Scott Fellman and Joseph Caparatta
Triton U.S.

P.S.- As reefwiser indicated, we do have a dedicated Triton US phone number that we just set up in our facility, so you'll be able to contact us via phone as well to resolve issues, etc., once things really start rolling.

TankRazr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very excited about this.

For me speaking with the folks from Triton was the highlight of MACNA 2014.

I'm on board and wish you the best getting this ramped up Scott.

TR

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very excited about this.

For me speaking with the folks from Triton was the highlight of MACNA 2014.

I'm on board and wish you the best getting this ramped up Scott.

TR

Thanks!

We are trying to proceed cautiously and carefully, as a product and some of the accompanying concepts need to be explained to consumers and their application understood. We are working with some of the European marketing materials that Triton supplied, and we need to make the material more "U.S. Consumer Friendly", which will take a little bit of time. Stay tuned, we appreciate your patience!

-Scott

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scott, a couple questions

1) will I be able to drive my sample down and have you check it at your facility?

2) will you be distributing the reef elementz, LaniLed etc?

Man, I wish you would've mentioned this to me at Daves get together. Far more interesting then picking your brain about my foxface /Acan debacle

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scott, a couple questions

1) will I be able to drive my sample down and have you check it at your facility?

2) will you be distributing the reef elementz, LaniLed etc?

Man, I wish you would've mentioned this to me at Daves get together. Far more interesting then picking your brain about my foxface /Acan debacle

LOL, Rik- I found the Foxface/Acan discussion interesting, too!

To answer your questions- sure, you can definitely drive your sample over. You just need to register with Triton before you return it to us so that you can get results. We're shipping out orders twice weekly to start; more frequently as demand increases. We will definitely be stocking the Triton pure trace elements, as well as their four-part solution (calcium/alkalinity/trace elements), and the Lani LED lights will be coming in soon, too. If you haven't seen these yet- they are game changers, and will definitely cause an impact on the US LED market. We saw them in person, and they are amazing!

Call me if you want to order a pre-release kit and we can get one to you!

Thanks!

Scott

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will do that Scott. I have a feeling I'll be making some changes in the future ;)

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to seeing examples of results from hobbyists. I'm very interested in having my water tested.

Do you have a "case study" example of this method:

--> Test Results
--> Applied Solution (dosing/products/switching salt brands/etc)
--> ???
--> Profit!

What is the cost of a water test?

Sorry if these topics have been covered already.

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 66 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%

Back