Welcome To SB Co-Op

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome to the SB Co-Op! We are all glad to have you here! Please message a Mod if you have any questions (MSB123) Anyone is welcome to post and discuss anything. And always, Happy reefing!

Huenemedoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Brand new reefer here in Santa Barbara

20g Waterbox Cube, AI Prime

OP
OP
MSB123

MSB123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you go to groups, you can join our group and get a spiffy badge next to your name.

Huenemedoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to the user groups page and then join our group.

It looks like they are still ironing out some kinks in the joining user groups feature, but I will add as soon as they get it going.

I checked out your tank and it is super cool! Awesome cow fish!

My tank is in the diatom stage of cycling, it actually might be done, my nitrites have dropped to zero but I haven't run the ammonia test yet (spiking it to 2ppm and seeing if it processes in 24hr) because I am traveling for work next week and don't want to add things and be gone for a week. However, when I come home I was going to add some CUC, wait a week then get some clowns. I was thinking of going down to Vivid Aquariums for some clowns but saw there is a cool little LFS in Lompoc. Have you been and do they have a good selection? I have been going to the shops in Ventura but extreme marine has singles of a lot of clowns but no good pairs and the other shop in Ventura didn't have much either.

OP
OP
MSB123

MSB123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are in a LFS wasteland. Extreme marine is pricy, and the one in Lompoc is just too far away for me. They have a good selection though.

Huenemedoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are in a LFS wasteland. Extreme marine is pricy, and the one in Lompoc is just too far away for me. They have a good selection though.
Seriously, I wish someone would open something, I think its kind of cool though because it really allows us to have some diverse tanks.
Thanks for the info though! I will check it out! aka take my girlfriend to try some santa rita wines and say can we make a quick stop lol

Eye H8 Empty V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys Billy in Camarillo here. I’d love to join your group. I go up to SB about once every other month with the family to hit up the zoo, pier aquarium, and East Beach Tacos.

Eye H8 Empty V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like they are still ironing out some kinks in the joining user groups feature, but I will add as soon as they get it going.

I checked out your tank and it is super cool! Awesome cow fish!

My tank is in the diatom stage of cycling, it actually might be done, my nitrites have dropped to zero but I haven't run the ammonia test yet (spiking it to 2ppm and seeing if it processes in 24hr) because I am traveling for work next week and don't want to add things and be gone for a week. However, when I come home I was going to add some CUC, wait a week then get some clowns. I was thinking of going down to Vivid Aquariums for some clowns but saw there is a cool little LFS in Lompoc. Have you been and do they have a good selection? I have been going to the shops in Ventura but extreme marine has singles of a lot of clowns but no good pairs and the other shop in Ventura didn't have much either.

I stopped by Vivid Aquariums today for the first time in about 15 years. I’m just getting back into the hobby. It’s packed with corals and a small but solid selection of fish. They were quarantining fish way before anyone had QT tanks.

Huenemedoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stopped by Vivid Aquariums today for the first time in about 15 years. I’m just getting back into the hobby. It’s packed with corals and a small but solid selection of fish. They were quarantining fish way before anyone had QT tanks.
That’s good to know, thanks for posting! What set up have you been running since you have got back in?

Huenemedoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s up guys! Just thought I would post some pics of my newish tank. It’s about 2.5 months in. Done adding most corals for now but would like to add some sort of Euphyllia to the right hand side in the sand bed. The BTAs and Trachy were just added yesterday and everything else has been growing good!

A0374069-9508-4327-AB2A-A92E10808337.jpeg EBF72F4F-1E7F-4617-83DD-7101A967E302.jpeg 88FBCE8A-50A9-47E4-95E4-21B5E624178B.jpeg

Eye H8 Empty V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s up guys! Just thought I would post some pics of my newish tank. It’s about 2.5 months in. Done adding most corals for now but would like to add some sort of Euphyllia to the right hand side in the sand bed. The BTAs and Trachy were just added yesterday and everything else has been growing good!

A0374069-9508-4327-AB2A-A92E10808337.jpeg EBF72F4F-1E7F-4617-83DD-7101A967E302.jpeg 88FBCE8A-50A9-47E4-95E4-21B5E624178B.jpeg
Looks good! Are you in Oxnard? I’m a Camarillo resident.

Eye H8 Empty V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s good to know, thanks for posting! What set up have you been running since you have got back in?

Nothing yet. I’m in the process of rebuilding my kitchen and can’t put the tank in place until I finish my floors, which will hopefully be before the end of the year. I’ve got a 90gal in the waiting though.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%

Back