Well this sucks, right before Macna...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MikeyB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow im so sorry, its never good to see anyone's system break down. Happy to see you were able to save some coral though.

Mirya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Truly heartbreaking to hear what happened. I hope what you were able to save makes a strong comeback.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dang, bro! So sorry to hear about this! :-(

Mike S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man that is a shame. Sorry to hear this.

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah crud. Worst part of the hobby/industry. Than ya gotta keep a close eye for the next few weeks also as things show how they are really reacting to the stress. Feel your pain - my collection was downsized to a 1/4 of what it was at the beginning of the year due to failure issues.
Was digging the direction you were going with sticks. Hope to see you bounce back quickly.

To bad you weren't local or down the street - got a yellow tip you could just have to start your piece back.
Best of luck

OP
OP
Pieces of the Ocean

Pieces of the Ocean

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On day 4 most of the losses are apparent and final. I am especially grateful for the community of R2R for all the support, and offers of good will. I am lucky that not all is lost. I'll be a bit thin on sticks at Macna. I'll just have to make up for it in other areas. On the bright side I can do a little shopping now. Hope to see everyone at the show. Booth 1216 by the raffle area. =)

ScottyMcReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man, sorry to hear. Good lessons are typically expensive ones. Life goes on and so does the love for the hobby. Just come back stronger!

pciscott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your losses, your coral and fish at Rap NY were awesome. With that said, I ask a question about fail safes? I have been to many operations that grow coral and wonder why when this is your business why do you not have an Apex on your SPS system with a water on the floor sensor, or at least a float switch. This may not be the time to bring up, but the amount of frags you guys have how do you not know a tank is empty on the floor?

You are not the first one who has had a loss and I just do not understand with all the technology available a bad DC pump can take money out of your pocket.

Sorry if this is not the right time and I am sorry for your losses and I will come buy a frag at Macna to help you guys out.

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On day 4 most of the losses are apparent and final. I am especially grateful for the community of R2R for all the support, and offers of good will. I am lucky that not all is lost. I'll be a bit thin on sticks at Macna. I'll just have to make up for it in other areas. On the bright side I can do a little shopping now. Hope to see everyone at the show. Booth 1216 by the raffle area. =)
thats whats up right there! find the good in the bad brother, see you at MACNA!!

OP
OP
Pieces of the Ocean

Pieces of the Ocean

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your losses, your coral and fish at Rap NY were awesome. With that said, I ask a question about fail safes? I have been to many operations that grow coral and wonder why when this is your business why do you not have an Apex on your SPS system with a water on the floor sensor, or at least a float switch. This may not be the time to bring up, but the amount of frags you guys have how do you not know a tank is empty on the floor?

You are not the first one who has had a loss and I just do not understand with all the technology available a bad DC pump can take money out of your pocket.

Sorry if this is not the right time and I am sorry for your losses and I will come buy a frag at Macna to help you guys out.

We have an APEX on the SPS system, just not water detection. You're right. We already have them just need to be installed. Thanks and see you at Macna.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back