Wellso coral help..

  • Thread starter Thread starter AmyBolton
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AmyBolton

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2022
Messages
76
Reaction score
49
Location
Kansas, USA
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received this coral yesterday after being shipped to me. I noticed a damaged spot on the corner, it got a little worse today.

Any advice on what to do with this guy?

He is in a low flow and low light area of the tank, tank has been up for 2 years, parameters are stable. PO 0.051, NO3 7, ALK 10.3, Mg 1350, Ca 400, Salinity 1.026.

At this point is it a place him in the tank and hope he recovers, should I try and feed him or wait to see if he gives a feeding response?

Any help at this point would be greatly appreciated.. I held off on getting these expensive corals until my tank was established for reasons of them dying! haha

Thank you

tempImagefshQWR.png
 
I think you're doing all the right things. Personally I wouldn't feed a new coral for at least a week, until it has time to get somewhat adjusted to the new tank. I would just leave it alone.

I notice your alk is little bit higher than "average" IMO, mine is 8.6 and most I speak to are between 8 and 9, nothing wrong with yours, just saying it might be why its seeming off since you put it in the tank, it might have taken a bump in alk and needs time to get used to it. But I'm just guessing about this...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new