Welso care

Thisisfine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is my first attempt at keeping a welso. I received it in a mystery box purchase so it’s not like I bought it not understanding its requirements. Apologies the pics are mediocre but hopefully just mediocre enough to illustrate my question.

It seems to be losing its red coloration… the effect would resemble red paint chipping off though it’s not chipping, that’s the visual. I have it mid tank on the sand bed blocked by rock work from direct flow. It remains inflated and a mix of brine and reef roids last night.

I’m not familiar with welso’s to know why that red coloration would disappear or recede. I’m not sure what the actual wording for that would be.

For reference lighter pic with the torches was last Tuesday and darker pic is this evening. Edit, turned on whites so brightest pic is tonight.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

IMG_5562.png IMG_5561.jpeg IMG_5566.jpeg

Last edited:

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of corals will change colors when moved into a new tank/lighting situation. Sometimes they get nicer, often they look different for awhile and eventually (if they live and thrive) they will settle into the new place and colors may intensify and look better than originally, or not. It look nicely inflated, so it's not suffering from water param issues, ime.

OP
OP
T

Thisisfine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of corals will change colors when moved into a new tank/lighting situation. Sometimes they get nicer, often they look different for awhile and eventually (if they live and thrive) they will settle into the new place and colors may intensify and look better than originally, or not. It look nicely inflated, so it's not suffering from water param issues, ime.
Thanks! never kept one of these so just making sure I'm not irritating it. I have had to move it once or twice do to a digging goby knocking it over. Ended up placing a small area of egg crate for it to sit flat on.

Appreciate the response!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 49 25.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 62 32.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.1%
Back