Wes1reef's 56 gal

wes1reef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 10, 2009
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here it is guys this is my 56 gal truvu. Its 36X15X24 I could only go with a tank that was 36 in long do to wall space in our new house. The stand, canopy and sump are all DIY. Sump is made out of a 20 gal glass aquarium. I am using a digital aquatics reef keeper elite to monitor and control. I am running a coralife skimmer and a Ca reactor (which is on its way back after replacement) This is my first attempt at a ca reactor. I have always used kalk in the past.

I have 65 lbs of Fiji which appears to have spent to much time in shipping as it is taking some time to color back up. I have to MJ’s with alge free mag and mod for flow. Turn over is around 48 times per hr.

I had two sundial pendants that I removed everything from and put into my current canopy. This includes 2-150w 10k hqi’s and 4-39w PC’s.

Here are a few pic’s of the tank and livestock.
 

Attachments

  • Saltwater Aquarium 010.jpg
    Saltwater Aquarium 010.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 161
in the reply button, click the "insert image" and you can put those links there. it will display the images for you and not a link.




SaltwaterAquarium036.jpg

SaltwaterAquarium035.jpg


SaltwaterAquarium027.jpg


SaltwaterAquarium024.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new