Wet or dry tile saw?

Ocean Lotion

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 24, 2016
Messages
583
Reaction score
413
Location
Central Wisconsin
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the amount of fragging I do I can not justify buying one of the nice band saws so I am going to pick up a tile saw. Should I get a wet saw or dry one? Also is Harbor freight the place to get one?
 
Who makes dry tile saws? If your on the small scale of fragging look at some dremels and diamond blades to go with.
I have a dremel with the 3' flexible adapter which wires good for small stuff bit nit baseball size corals.
 
I use a hand held dremel with a cutting wheel. It's ok but not a fancy wet band saw.
Considering my success with growing corals, one would be a waste of money ! :confused:
 
I wonder if a finer replacement blade would fit a tile saw.
 
:eek:That’s less then 1/32nd of an inch. Which is as thin as most band saw blades. Get the wet one and Post some pics :D
I will try to do so in a week or so. Excited to sell some of my blasto wellsi.
20171209_183900.jpg
 
I have used a dremel myself lately with a diamond blade which works good with smaller stuff. I thought about getting a tile saw to but just feel like with the straight cuts I would loose some of the coral since I couldn't cut around the head and leave full heads intact
 
My wellsi is baseball size so my dremel won't cut it.;)
I bought the pen like attachment for my dremel and that works nice. Gives a little more cutting depth and keeps the salt water away from my dremmel. Still need to get to harbor freight and pick up the tile saw.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new