Whale Wars Idiots!

buck50bmg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever seen this crap. I cant believe they show a bunch a idiots breaking the law to save a whale. Its not like the whales Japan are taking are endangered. They have broke so many maritime laws, it hard to count.

They are flying the Jolly Roger and could be seen as a bunch of pirates.

Every time they try to board a vessel they screw it up and get someone hurt.

Pathetic......

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think people would watch the show if it WASN'T about a bunch of idiots????!?!?!?

OP
OP
buck50bmg

buck50bmg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scares me that we allow people like that to do what they do because its for greenpeace. Talk about a terrorism. And we are promoting this activity on tv.

I was talking to a 18 year old who said "its sad to see the whales die and see all of that blood, cant they do it with less blood?" I about slaped him as he deer hunts with me.

They have a quota, just like crab fishermen, that quota is determined to NOT hurt the population. If they want to stop it they should sail their ship to the authority that makes the quota.

I have no problem with killing whales, as long as its sustainable. Heck I had whale while I was in the Navy in Norway, it tastes like chicken.....

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 14 year old son was watching it with me one night and he says, "That makes a lot of sense; to save a couple whales they put the lives of themselves everyone else on the other ship at risk...idiots!"

:bigsmile:

OP
OP
buck50bmg

buck50bmg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its the sheer stupidity of it all and how much trouble they would be in if they tried this in US waters. The US will not allow them in territorial waters.

Whats next, letting them hit US Navy ships? I will tell you one thing, if they even came with in 10,000 yds of the submarine I served on, they would be arrested or have a Mk 48 up their ***. You must respect the rules of the ocean and these guys do not.

Letting Discovery channel glorify this crap is just wrong. You cant ram a ship at sea, its like T boning a car. They are lucky the Japs are nice and dont rightfully defend their ship with deadly force.

Tswifty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never heard of the show before? What's it supposed to be like Deadliest Catch or something???

I haven't watched the Discovery Channel in a while, when I did I usually watched Planet Earth, or Shark Week. I may have to check this show out though. LOL

OP
OP
buck50bmg

buck50bmg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guy is insane. He said, "If you are not ready to die for these animals, you should not be on this ship".

I really think this guy misses the point of the food chain. I would never put my life before an animal. My family and my Country yes..... but a whale....wow.

Well they are pirates in my opinion and need to be treated as such, the ship discredits the memory of Steve Irwin.

Ramming a ship is the same as firing upon it, its a act of aggression and legally can be defended. I would put a nice 20mm cannon on deck and see how far they go.

They were going into a ice field and had no experience to do so. Endangering themselves and the rescuers that would come to save them.

The one idiot on the wheel couldn't associate true bearings with turning right or left. If you dont understand that 090 is east, 180 is south, 270 is west and 000 is north then you have no business being on that bridge.

They all hang around on the bridge and BS, there is no respect for the navigation of the ship or the laws they must follow, they also didnt have their running lights on. I have also seen photos of the ship with no registered flag flying, except for a jolly roger on the bow.

On a botched attempt to board a Jap ship from 5 miles away using 2 zodiacs, one boat didnt have their radio (sat phone) on and the other was going across the wake and one chick broke her pelvis. And one of the deckhands broke his thumb trying to get the boats back on board.

I would laugh if it wanst so sad.

A sat phone isnt a good primary source of comunication.

schminksbro

Guardian of The Blue Glow
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the whale's survival rests in the hands of these jokers they are doomed to extinction.:eek:oh:

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 31 29.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 26.7%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 22.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 22 21.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back