What’s better for automatic water changes?

Any salt that is suitable for a reef tank (which us nearly any) can be used via AWC.

I use normal IO in mine.
yeah but i dont believe my salt redsea blue bucket is good for AWC it gets dirty and bacteria grows fast if u leave it for a month
 
yeah but i dont believe my salt redsea blue bucket is good for AWC it gets dirty and bacteria grows fast if u leave it for a month

Why would significant bacteria grow in it? Do you add anything to it aside from ro/di?
 
I am about to embark on a AWC system. I have a small nano of 10 gallons so it will be very minimal amount daily, but with such a small system, salinity can be volatile. I am contemplating having an ATO on my fresh salt water reservoir to maintain a 1.026 SG. I am also thinking about keeping a pump
In my reservoir to circulate the water.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new