What’s my clownfish suffering from?

Sunshine63

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clowns have been in copper quarantine for over a month. All was clear so I started water changes without adding copper water. 2 days later and this is happening. These white spots seem to poke out of their body. Any idea what it could be? I thought copper kills everything!?

ACC1BF6E-A237-40A0-B1AA-F1B7C9B30907.jpeg 10BF7588-CD60-48CC-ADFB-0EA6C7189079.jpeg 5B10F6F0-6ABC-4218-B84C-746F556382E3.jpeg 64580AAB-F2E7-485C-8B74-37056B1CD3D0.jpeg

Mos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New reefer here, do you think it could be Ich? I know you said you were medicating them with copper for a month, but it's all that comes to mind..

What else was in the tank with the clowns? (Apart from the Y-tang)

OP
OP
S

Sunshine63

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New reefer here, do you think it could be Ich? I know you said you were medicating them with copper for a month, but it's all that comes to mind..

What else was in the tank with the clowns? (Apart from the Y-tang)
A blue damsel and sand sifting goby.

OP
OP
S

Sunshine63

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see a few white spots.
Or where the last ones fell off.
A bit fuzzy the pic on my end.
These are new white spots. They just came on. They look like something popping out of its scales.

Mos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A blue damsel and sand sifting goby.
Do you think Ich was still about (guessing one of the fish had it) and now it's spread across the tank? This could be possibly why they say to quarantine fish alone..

BUT I would have thought the copper would have got rid of Ich anyway..

Do you have the resources to atleast split the clowns from the rest as they are they ones you can physically see the white spots and QT all over again?

OP
OP
S

Sunshine63

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think Ich was still about (guessing one of the fish had it) and now it's spread across the tank? This could be possibly why they say to quarantine fish alone..

BUT I would have thought the copper would have got rid of Ich anyway..

Do you have the resources to atleast split the clowns from the rest as they are they ones you can physically see the white spots and QT all over again?
That’s just it. They were quarantined with the same thing for over 30 days with what was left of their tank mates. Everyone else is fine. But these two started back up today. Do you think it could be a parasite? I’ve tried praziquantel, paraguard,rally pro and kick ick pro, fresh water dips , etc. just wound up finally using copper. The others were really not affected by whatever it is.

Mos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one is beyond my knowledge, let's hope the copper deals with it‍♂️

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back