What’s the average acclimation time for goniopora?

  • Thread starter Thread starter uhgster1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

uhgster1

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2015
Messages
993
Reaction score
1,535
Location
Clarksville, TN
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BF3C24FB-29BB-4D2D-823D-97A04883F77F.jpeg
I recently got 2 frags, a neon green and a purple. What’s the average time for them to open up completely? Going on 5 days now and this is the most I’ve seen so far.
 
Varies from tank to tank but have you attempted to feed them ?
 
Gonies are a PITA. I have 3 and they will literally be fully opened one day and then the next day be half open. I still haven't figured out what's 'perfect' for them. really tough coral to get down, but gorgeous nonetheless.
 
I would say about a week. Mine love reef energy a and b. Might be worth a shot.
 
I agree gonis can be tough to figure out. I have a green one that has looked great since the beginning and growing nicely. I have another short polyp one that is very temperamental. The long polyp green one definitely appreciates good flow
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new