What’s the right choice?

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I’m currently in a little dilemma. I have a 90 gallon 4 foot tank. I wanted to get a tang for it and have been eyeing the ones in the bristletooth family. I’m looking at a White Tail or a Tomini. Now I know I can’t have both, and I have had some trouble deciding between one or the other. What do you guys think? What is your preference? I like the Tomini, but they can lack in color compared to other tangs. I like the White Tail, but I’ve heard they got a lot more aggressive than the Tomini. Another thing that is poking me in the side is that every White Tail I’ve seen at my LFS lacks a lot in color compared to some I’ve seen in person and in other people’s tanks. I know that they are stressed from being in tiny sell tanks, but still. Need help. Let me know what you guys think. Also what are your experiences regarding these tangs from Marine Collectors? Thx

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello everyone. I’m currently in a little dilemma. I have a 90 gallon 4 foot tank. I wanted to get a tang for it and have been eyeing the ones in the bristletooth family. I’m looking at a White Tail or a Tomini. Now I know I can’t have both, and I have had some trouble deciding between one or the other. What do you guys think? What is your preference? I like the Tomini, but they can lack in color compared to other tangs. I like the White Tail, but I’ve heard they got a lot more aggressive than the Tomini. Another thing that is poking me in the side is that every White Tail I’ve seen at my LFS lacks a lot in color compared to some I’ve seen in person and in other people’s tanks. I know that they are stressed from being in tiny sell tanks, but still. Need help. Let me know what you guys think. Also what are your experiences regarding these tangs from Marine Collectors? Thx
You Can have both and I recommend Tomini first which is a model citzen . With tangs, manage water quality and important is to provide Proper diet- they are Not flake and pellet fish

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You Can have both and I recommend Tomini first which is a model citzen . With tangs, manage water quality and important is to provide Proper diet- they are Not flake and pellet fish
Thank you for your response. Wdym exactly by I can have both? I’ve heard a lot that two of the same body- shaped tangs will be guaranteed to be an issue if not in a larger system? And although these tangs are regarded as having a quieter demeanor, I’m sure they will fight in the sized system I have now. Especially considering the fact that there is going to be a Purple Tang in there. And yes I definitely agree with pellets being a bad idea. I actually don’t feen any pellet food. I feel it’s not right for these fish. For the tangs I plan on feeding Nori twice daily, as well as some “greeny“ frozen foods for them. And some occasional cucumber as a treat.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thank you for your response. Wdym exactly by I can have both? I’ve heard a lot that two of the same body- shaped tangs will be guaranteed to be an issue if not in a larger system? And although these tangs are regarded as having a quieter demeanor, I’m sure they will fight in the sized system I have now. Especially considering the fact that there is going to be a Purple Tang in there. And yes I definitely agree with pellets being a bad idea. I actually don’t feen any pellet food. I feel it’s not right for these fish. For the tangs I plan on feeding Nori twice daily, as well as some “greeny“ frozen foods for them. And some occasional cucumber as a treat.
Place tomini first and bristle after(21-30 days. I have 20 tangs and no fighting and includes both that you want

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Place tomini first and bristle after(21-30 days. I have 20 tangs and no fighting and includes both that you want
Thank you for your feedback. I might go ahead and try that but I’m still not 100% convinced. If I don‘t do both I’m leaning towards the White Tail

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank do you have? Do you have some pictures of the bristletooth tangs you have?

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you bought any of your fish, including the tangs, from Marine Collectors, or have had experiences with them in the past? How have you managed to keep that many tangs?

Back