What’s this tank for?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AlphaData
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AlphaData

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Location
Dubai
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good day everyone

I bought a used reef tank that came with a sump pump, the sump is a three separate tanks and I know one is the main sump the other one is for ATO but I’m straggling to know what with the third one which I know most of you will know.

I included a picture.

Thanks

image.jpg
 
It was in the sump it self with the previous owner.
I'm not getting what we're looking at at all 🤪

This was inside the main sump? Could you provide a picture of the whole sump setup, with this part included?
 
I'm not getting what we're looking at at all 🤪

This was inside the main sump? Could you provide a picture of the whole sump setup, with this part included?
I'm not getting what we're looking at at all 🤪

This was inside the main sump? Could you provide a picture of the whole sump setup, with this part included?
This is a video from the previous owner unfortunately I don’t have he’s contact anymore.
 

Attachments

  • f4018306-faaf-499b-a01d-8f8b23651ef6.mp4
    10.2 MB
I’m new to all of this it’s really overwhelming.

It is. When I first got into this I did it blindly, knowing VERY little about the how's and the why's. If you are in the same situation I was, I would suggest you put a pin in the project and educate yourself before moving forward. After a 13 year break, I did just that. I've been studying off and on for the last few years. Now, my wait has been due to not being able to set up physically in my living room. But I've used that time to re-acquaint myself with all the info I need to be successful. Anyway, just a thought.........
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new