What’s up with this torch? It looks dwarfed in a way.

Colemansreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will attatch pictures and videos but my question is I bought this torch from a local coral seller they also do online sales somewhat well known I believe but anyway, I’ve never seen a torch look quite like this skeleton size and flesh band is similar to the torch to the right of it yet the actual tentacles are like a 10th of the size and it is very unusual to me, because this may be a head that was shaded by another head or something like that kinda disappointed cause I paid $130 for a single head but hoping that maybe it’ll eventually get back to normal looking. None of the other heads that I saw on the main colony looked like this and it was already cut and paid for when I came to pick it up so I didn’t really have a choice. The other heads on the colony had tentacles that look similar to my other indo torches you see in the pictures. My question is has anyone else seen torches grow like this? What causes it?

IMG_9754.jpeg IMG_9759.jpeg IMG_9760.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9755.mov
    14.1 MB
  • IMG_9758.mov
    25.5 MB

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Its receded. Likely a change
I will attatch pictures and videos but my question is I bought this torch from a local coral seller they also do online sales somewhat well known I believe but anyway, I’ve never seen a torch look quite like this skeleton size and flesh band is similar to the torch to the right of it yet the actual tentacles are like a 10th of the size and it is very unusual to me, because this may be a head that was shaded by another head or something like that kinda disappointed cause I paid $130 for a single head but hoping that maybe it’ll eventually get back to normal looking. None of the other heads that I saw on the main colony looked like this and it was already cut and paid for when I came to pick it up so I didn’t really have a choice. The other heads on the colony had tentacles that look similar to my other indo torches you see in the pictures. My question is has anyone else seen torches grow like this? What causes it?

IMG_9754.jpeg IMG_9759.jpeg IMG_9760.jpeg
in light or flow but mainly - check calcium to assure not below 4oo and that Phos not elevated

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back