Dying torch tentacles? Early Brown Jelly?

CodeNameGoldMember

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2020
Messages
34
Reaction score
37
Location
97202
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this torch for almost a year now. It did get brown jelly about 6 months ago and I was able to chop off the infected head and dip the remaining head and it’s survived this far but never been 100% of what it used to, extension wise.

I have had some stuff going on in the tank recently with my Todd’s torch melting randomly overnight a couple days ago but caught it and got it out (hopefully early enough). And have had a Goni have some brown jelly the other day as well. All of my parameters are in check: Alk: 8.41 Calc: 449 Mag: 1370 Phos: .11 Nitrates: 11. I did recently find that my skimmer went a little overboard and ended up dropping my salinity to 1.023 and I’ve slowly been brining it up and is currently around 1.0245ish.

I have A LOT of other torches in the tank and all are looking 100% fine. Even this one doesn’t have any tissue recession, just retracted and what looks like a couple dead/dying tentacles.

IMG_0481.jpeg IMG_0482.jpeg
 
Look into KFC dip. Three applications of it over three weeks. If you can do it for your entire hammer/frogspawn/torch collection that would be best.
 
Upvote 0
I’ve had this torch for almost a year now. It did get brown jelly about 6 months ago and I was able to chop off the infected head and dip the remaining head and it’s survived this far but never been 100% of what it used to, extension wise.

I have had some stuff going on in the tank recently with my Todd’s torch melting randomly overnight a couple days ago but caught it and got it out (hopefully early enough). And have had a Goni have some brown jelly the other day as well. All of my parameters are in check: Alk: 8.41 Calc: 449 Mag: 1370 Phos: .11 Nitrates: 11. I did recently find that my skimmer went a little overboard and ended up dropping my salinity to 1.023 and I’ve slowly been brining it up and is currently around 1.0245ish.

I have A LOT of other torches in the tank and all are looking 100% fine. Even this one doesn’t have any tissue recession, just retracted and what looks like a couple dead/dying tentacles.

IMG_0481.jpeg IMG_0482.jpeg
This looking like a pest issue. Look for small white dots on the tentacles. It's some sort of white bug that preys on euphylia. I'm working on dealing with this now and it seems interceptor is the only route so far...
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new