Dying torch tentacles? Early Brown Jelly?

CodeNameGoldMember

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this torch for almost a year now. It did get brown jelly about 6 months ago and I was able to chop off the infected head and dip the remaining head and it’s survived this far but never been 100% of what it used to, extension wise.

I have had some stuff going on in the tank recently with my Todd’s torch melting randomly overnight a couple days ago but caught it and got it out (hopefully early enough). And have had a Goni have some brown jelly the other day as well. All of my parameters are in check: Alk: 8.41 Calc: 449 Mag: 1370 Phos: .11 Nitrates: 11. I did recently find that my skimmer went a little overboard and ended up dropping my salinity to 1.023 and I’ve slowly been brining it up and is currently around 1.0245ish.

I have A LOT of other torches in the tank and all are looking 100% fine. Even this one doesn’t have any tissue recession, just retracted and what looks like a couple dead/dying tentacles.

IMG_0481.jpeg IMG_0482.jpeg

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look into KFC dip. Three applications of it over three weeks. If you can do it for your entire hammer/frogspawn/torch collection that would be best.

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back