What’s with all these “bounce” shrooms suddenly?

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I surely can’t be the only one who has noticed an obscene amount of bounce mushrooms surfacing lately. One question I have is how are these more well known retailers calling them Bounce when there isn’t a single bubble on the disc? At that point isn’t it just a plain rhodactis?? Imo this is deceptive advertising aimed to sucker in uneducated reefers and rob them of their hard earned money!!

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have noticed. If I wanted a fad coral I hope that there would be a supply chain to support my covetousness. I am still able to swim and dive if a coral or fish isn’t being imported so in theory I don’t have to worry about the shortage of vendors for clams, acans, favites, ecinopora, Indophyllia, sticks and fins are generally available because people are trying to compete for our business and government has not declared our obsession illegal in many places and so if vendors are selling juvenile unborn bouncing flatter than normal immature mushrooms to people who hope to grow these things up then It’s ok, and I hope it turns out well for everyone.

OP
OP
Derrick0580

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have noticed. If I wanted a fad coral I hope that there would be a supply chain to support my covetousness. I am still able to swim and dive if a coral or fish isn’t being imported so in theory I don’t have to worry about the shortage of vendors for clams, acans, favites, ecinopora, Indophyllia, sticks and fins are generally available because people are trying to compete for our business and government has not declared our obsession illegal in many places and so if vendors are selling juvenile unborn bouncing flatter than normal immature mushrooms to people who hope to grow these things up then It’s ok, and I hope it turns out well for everyone.
Yeah but when I see them without the inflated vesicles in the wysiwyg section and they appear to be 1-2” across I’m super leary of them being legit bounces. Any true bounces I’ve seen still have bubbles even at tiny sizes!

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah but when I see them without the inflated vesicles in the wysiwyg section and they appear to be 1-2” across I’m super leary of them being legit bounces. Any true bounces I’ve seen still have bubbles even at tiny sizes!
And then you get yumas that seem to be morphing into bouncers

Attachments

• 20221116_155128.jpg
    20221116_155128.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 44

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not sudden at all. The bounce mushrooms fad was at it's heights a few years ago and has tapered off on Truly bounced mushrooms, rhodis specifically. A lot of good work still being done in discos.

I'm a mushroom guy, and I love me some bouncy ones, but totally see what you're saying. A lot of adverts for bounce mushrooms are just rediculous. A little texture and they call it bounced.

There's levels to this, and that ain't it. Yeah I'm talking to you WWC.

PXL_20220403_041047228.jpg

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's not sudden at all. The bounce mushrooms fad was at it's heights a few years ago and has tapered off on Truly bounced mushrooms, rhodis specifically. A lot of good work still being done in discos.

I'm a mushroom guy, and I love me some bouncy ones, but totally see what you're saying. A lot of adverts for bounce mushrooms are just rediculous. A little texture and they call it bounced.

There's levels to this, and that ain't it. Yeah I'm talking to you WWC.

PXL_20220403_041047228.jpg
One day...
20221116_160804.jpg
20210130_194502.jpg
20210130_194524.jpg

@Mibu can vouch these are legit i woudnt call these a bounce. They are the yumma and both varieties I have do this
One day, they will live for me. My heart breaks. Those are so gorgeous :loudly-crying-face:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 117 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back