What’s wrong with my BTA

OceanReefLover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what to do about my BTA, I’ve only had it in my tank for a week. It seemed to be thriving in the beginning, however starting a couple days ago it was smaller and didn’t seem as healthy. I wasn’t too concerned as I’ve had BTA’s for years before and I’ve seen them do this sort of thing and I assumed maybe it was just adjusting to the tank. Then when it started moving the other day I figured it was just settling in to the right spot for itself in the tank. However it seems to be doing much much worse today. It was super shriveled up and it’s mouth was wide open. I got pretty concerned after it discharged a purple chunk and did an emergency water change. Then I added in some calcium supplements in case maybe it was just nutrient deficient. It’s still not doing to well and I’m just not sure what I should do. Everything else in the tank is doing fine. I also just got new lights- but they’re more powerful than what I had before- so is it possible it’s too powerful? Or is there something else I should worry about. Also if it doesn’t get better at what point should I remove it from the tank?

I have a 14gal biocube by the way.

image.jpg

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it is looking a little upset , what are your tanks current parameters and when you said new lighting what it is? Calcium supplement would not be greatly beneficial for nems they mostly feed off light. Looking at the pic I would get some cipro on hand just in case

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back