what’s wrong with my duncan

  • Thread starter Thread starter gabeJLFT
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gabeJLFT

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 11, 2016
Messages
76
Reaction score
34
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it’s been like this for a couple days now and doesn’t open up
3f046ab22f4681bc14e92fcbfae14e9d.jpg
29cc40107b41e61bce99502218bedda9.jpg
 
You don't have any clowns that are trying to call it home by chance do you? I know with mine they were upset a couple days before they finally were ok with the clown hanging out in them .
 
You don't have any clowns that are trying to call it home by chance do you? I know with mine they were upset a couple days before they finally were ok with the clown hanging out in them .

i have two clowns but i haven’t really seen them try. i might be wrong though i will keep an eye out
 
I had my Duncans for a good month. First 2 weeks they were fine then closed up and slowly died. Maybe my tank is to new? I dont know. Spot feed yours if you can and try to keep it fed. I guess they can be a hard coral to keep based on what I read.
 
i have two clowns but i haven’t really seen them try. i might be wrong though i will keep an eye out
The reason I think that might be the cause is because I don't believe its a water or lighting issue being that you have a huge toadstool in the background in your one picture, and he's open and extended polyps and looking good :) Only thing I could think of would be something bugging it.
 
The reason I think that might be the cause is because I don't believe its a water or lighting issue being that you have a huge toadstool in the background in your one picture, and he's open and extended polyps and looking good :) Only thing I could think of would be something bugging it.

629b6f1b72382f46ca9a6dde69f9c222.jpg

the toadstool isn’t that close to the duncan
 
629b6f1b72382f46ca9a6dde69f9c222.jpg

the toadstool isn’t that close to the duncan
What I meant was the toadstool looks open and healthy, so I don't believe it to be a water quality or lighting issue :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new