What’s wrong with my rfa?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
May be expelling secretion, not zooxanthellae which is often brown and can be bacterial or undigested food

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick off topic question, just put chemiclean in my tank, for the air stone, can I put it in my back, empty water column(11.4 gal aio cube rmbr) or do I have to put it in the actual tank?

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May be expelling secretion, not zooxanthellae which is often brown and can be bacterial or undigested food
I’m looking around the interweb, I’m seeing spawning a lot for rfa secreting white stuff, but it doesn’t look like this, aaahahahaaaaaa, is it fine? Been 2 days

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I’m looking around the interweb, I’m seeing spawning a lot for rfa secreting white stuff, but it doesn’t look like this, aaahahahaaaaaa, is it fine? Been 2 days
Place it at mid tank and for spawn, they have babies about the size of a pencil eraser opposed to the effect you are seeing.

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still think those are mesentary filaments that are seen with a dying anemone. Try lifting it to the surface and giving it a quick smell. If it smells like decomposition, you need to dispose of it.

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still think those are mesentary filaments that are seen with a dying anemone. Try lifting it to the surface and giving it a quick smell. If it smells like decomposition, you need to dispose of it.
I don’t even know what killed it tho, nothing was off in the tank :loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face:

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t even know what killed it tho, nothing was off in the tank :loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face:
Sorry - I lost a bubbletip last month for no apparent reason either.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are u sure its dead?(just checking, so I don't put it in the trash bag and it starts moving)
Did you smell it? No odor and it may not be dead (yet). If there is an odor, then it is decomposing and even if part of it is still alive, it won’t survive.

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you smell it? No odor and it may not be dead (yet). If there is an odor, then it is decomposing and even if part of it is still alive, it won’t survive.
IT SMELLS LIKE HOT CHEESE AND ROTTING SALAMI OMG
sorry
my french instincts kicked in
how long should I wait to get a new anemone? I'm thinking this time, an rbta or maybe an rfa again

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 95 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back