What’s your biggest impulse purchase?

eliaslikesfish

A for effort
View Badges
Joined
Nov 23, 2023
Messages
892
Reaction score
813
Location
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just went to my local LFS today and despite thinking “yeah, you probably shouldn’t.” for a good 30 minutes walking around the store, i dropped almost $400 and got it anyways.
IMG_0562.jpeg

don’t mind the bubble algae :|

My question: What are your biggest impulse purchase(s)?
 
I don’t really have any expensive impulse purchases on live stock, but I end up impulse buying a ton of equipment, mostly used. My most expensive single impulse item was probably $500 for a trident several years ago.
 
Ivar. Saw him in a LFS. Never seen that kind of eel before and never owned an eel before! Did some quick research while watching him and decided to take him home. He started my love for eels! Now I have 4 all cause of this amazing guy :) and a 300 gallon tank!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7176.jpeg
    IMG_7176.jpeg
    163.3 KB · Views: 47
Ivar. Saw him in a LFS. Never seen that kind of eel before and never owned an eel before! Did some quick research while watching him and decided to take him home. He started my love for eels! Now I have 4 all cause of this amazing guy :) and a 300 gallon tank!
he’s beautiful!! i’d say worth it
 
he’s beautiful!! i’d say worth it
I agree :) love him. He was like 200 dollars though (barf!!!) but Ive had him about a year and a half now! Was a big impulse since I was looking for a snowflake cause they are less expensive and more common for me to learn to care for. But he was just super cool I couldnt resist! Now I have him, Ghost, Loki, and Nebula! Love my eel gang
 
ok i’ll run with that i don’t want it to be anything else lol
When I had torches they also pooped out of that hole! My torches always got eaten by something though so I gave up
 
Probably my watchman goby. I went into the LFS just to see what they had. Left with a fire fish and watchman goby.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new