What 2 part do you recommend and why?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Matts125
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Matts125

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 5, 2014
Messages
18
Reaction score
17
Location
Vancouver wa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My reef is at the point where water changes alone aren't keeping up with my DKH and Calcium levels. its been a long time since I've dosed 2 part and want your opinions as to which is best... I have a 180 gal total volume sps dominate tank...

Thanks!
Matt
 
Im using B ionic and Seachems magnesium. Why. It's easy and B ionic replenishes the water with trace elements like potassium, strontium, zinc etc. Seachems magnesium is a balanced ratio of magnesium sulfate and magnesium chloride.
 
Last edited:
B ionic. I never dose MG separately, I test often but it seems that my regular water change is sufficient in replenishing MG
 
B-ionic because my corals grow like crazy, so why change it...if you get the 5g bucket set its pretty affordable.
 
ESV B-ionic because of it's consistency and purity. It's also more potent that the BRS stuff. On a 180g tank, buy it only in 5 gallon buckets (which is a 4 gallon concentrate). On premium Aquatics it's $80 per set, and I usually buy enough stuff to take advantage of free shipping.
 
Seachem because it was recommended by lots of people here.
 
How about a cal reactor?

calcium reactor will come later for me.. i work so much these days i fear the day something goes wrong with the reactor and I'm not home to fix it. dosing manually seems far more practical to me...

i know technology has came a long ways since my last system 5 years ago so i have some catching up to do...

Matt
 
ESV B-ionic because of it's consistency and purity. It's also more potent that the BRS stuff. On a 180g tank, buy it only in 5 gallon buckets (which is a 4 gallon concentrate). On premium Aquatics it's $80 per set, and I usually buy enough stuff to take advantage of free shipping.

Do you make all 4 gallons at once and store it? Or, do you make a gallon at a time?
 
Do you make all 4 gallons at once and store it? Or, do you make a gallon at a time?

It comes in a 5 gallon bucket with a concentrated solution to make 4 gallons of additive. You add rodi water up to the 4 gallon line on the bucket. I do this each time and fill my dosing containers from the buckets as needed.
 
Last edited:
I've been using Randy's two part since 2008. This is the same formula as BRS.

Prestone Driveway Heat for the Calc....2 cups per gallon.

Arm and Hammer Baking Soda (2 1/4 cups cooked at 350 for an hour) for Alk....made up to one gallon.

MAG flakes and Epsom salt for Mag solution (5 and 3 cups respectively, per gallon).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new