What a long strage trip is been (Fishroom Evalution)

OP
OP
flounder

flounder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I added a white freezer to the room. It has nothing but fishfood in it. I guess someone's ice cream in the main freezer was starting to taste like shrimp and that was not accepted. I grow a basketball size ball of cheato every 2 months or so.

OP
OP
flounder

flounder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little peg board to keep some tools handy. Some pictures and sea fans help decorate the room. Mag rack for my latest copy of CORAL.

OP
OP
flounder

flounder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course had to upgrade the controller along the way. Programming the apex was much harder than the ACjr, but I like it more. I have 3 Eb8's and 1 Dc8, 1 Pm2 and 1x VDM for the DIY LED moon lights. I want to pick up a I/O breakout box in the near future. I want add some float switches for monitoring.

OP
OP
flounder

flounder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thaw out my brick of mysis, rinse it off in RODI and then refreeze it in RO water for easy feeding. I have it like this so that when I'm gone, someone else can easily add the correct amount of food to the tank with out having to touch the shrimp.

OP
OP
flounder

flounder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Got upgraded along the way. Now running 2x di chambers. Chloramines filter. Oh and 2x Ro for faster filling of my mix tank.

OP
OP
flounder

flounder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its hard to see, but I drilled the 60g mix tank and have that hard plumbed to a pump and can easily complete my water change. It isnt gravity, but oh well. I can't win them all.

OP
OP
flounder

flounder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It is drilled on the very bottom and goes up and "T" The blue valve goes into sump, the red valve goes back into mix tank.
(You can see my dosers too. I have 2.5 gallon tanks on those, because I don't enjoy mixing up alk and cal daily. Current amount is 264lm of alk (daily) and 200ml of cal

OP
OP
flounder

flounder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm working on adding a float ATO in addition to my Tunze. That thing works so hard, almost every 10 min it adds water. I'd like to help take some of the wear and tear off it.

OP
OP
flounder

flounder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
75 Now:
(Yes the freezer moved again. There is a beer fridge now inside the door.)
I also have a quarantine system with own controller and fully operational system for new fish under the 75

OP
OP
flounder

flounder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The paint on the floor was chipping up and I did not want to paint in that room or have chemicals floating around the room from an epoxy coat or something to replace the floor. I got a deal on some vinyl flooring which was easy to install. I put down some tape (made for this) *After scrapping up all the loose paint. Cut the vinyl and then put up some trim to hold it in place.

OP
OP
flounder

flounder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on what happens, I may be getting a 190 to replace the 75. That 75 is full of corals and I am running out of room!
(Not sure on timeline, or even if it will happen, but there is a chance)
Thanks for reading!

OP
OP
flounder

flounder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great wish I had a fishroom

I wish I had a display tank. I kinda do, its the 75, but its not in a room where I can sit and enjoy. Its more of a bar scene. Standing room only in my 7x11 room.
Someday I hope to have a display in the family room next to it and plumb through the wall, but not yet.

PS both of you gave me your 353th post.....

Pumbooris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Got upgraded along the way. Now running 2x di chambers. Chloramines filter. Oh and 2x Ro for faster filling of my mix tank.
Awsome awsome awsome fishroom! It looks like you need a few small bar stools for your room. Do you run a booster pump for your ro/di or do you have high pressure?

OP
OP
flounder

flounder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have decent water pressure. I have a pressure gauge and do not know off hand what it is. The city water is good (which on a side note is odd because our city water tower is burried underground) Unlike most cities.

I don't have a picture, but I have a 250 gallon chemical tank outside where the waste water from the RoDi goes. I use that for gardening. I think letting it go down the drain is a waste if I can use it elsewhere.

Bar stools are a good idea. I should look into that. :)

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 32 50.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 7.9%
Back