What a mistake !

yougo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello from the canadian french land of quebec!
After 20 year in the freshwater hobby, i did what i was fearing for so long and did set up my first 70 gal fluval bow reef tank With 15 gal sump and 25 gallon refugium. I have been reading for close to 3 months on many sources of information and this forum, with BRStv, gave me so much information i decided to join you here to show some of my experiment . Im lucky enought to have an addicted life partner that also really enjoy the hobby.
Together we actually breed shrimp and plant and some fish in freshwater and some of the more complex invert to breed have to grow in saltwater and moove back to freshwater.
So here i am couple thousands $ later (like how fast it add up... I knew it would but not that much, crazy), cycling a saltwater system with ammonium chloride, aquarium that i will also enjoy by adding all sort of life in it.

Actually have at home in freshwater
140 gal planted multi species tank 5 yrs old
160 gal cube being modified with a new aquascape
260 gal community predatory tank 1yr old
2*70 gal shrimp species only breeding tank 2 and 4 yrs old
55 gal lowboy 3ftx3ft for fry growing
55 gal predatory growing to join the 260.
2*30 gal for convic breeding as feeder fish
10 gal quarantine tank
2*5 gal quarantine tank

All on ATO system as my water gets from inside a rocky mountain and pull out a perfect 0 PPM all year long, wich i found simplify drastically any maintenance. Useful as this saltwater setup end up being my 13th tank

Actually at day 10 of the cycling process and nh3 has drop half its ppm since the beginning.
Cycling is monitored with seneye probe since day 2 and all recorded

Little last detail , im a scientific glass artist 20yrs in the trade and have started to work some of the equipment i need. Saltwater being so expansive it was almost mandatory where im at. Made my overflow and pump return outlet but soon wanna work a calcium reactor and maybe more , and i can easily do hermit shell out of clear borosilicate glass

I do enjoy forum a lot and your gang here looks fantastic ! Happy to join it .
Thanks for all the heavy knowledge you guys dropped here
PXL_20230504_043902277.jpg
PXL_20230504_043827704.jpg

Last edited:

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello from the canadian french land of quebec!
After 20 year in the freshwater hobby, i did what i was fearing for so long and did set up my first 70 gal fluval bow reef tank With 15 gal sump and 25 gallon refugium. I have been reading for close to 3 months on many sources of information and this forum, with BRStv, gave me so much information i decided to join you here to show some of my experiment . Im lucky enought to have an addicted life partner that also really enjoy the hobby.
Together we actually breed shrimp and plant and some fish in freshwater and some of the more complex invert to breed have to grow in saltwater and moove back to freshwater.
So here i am couple thousands $ later (like how fast it add up... I knew it would but not that much, crazy), cycling a saltwater system with ammonium chloride, aquarium that i will also enjoy by adding all sort of life in it.

Actually have at home in freshwater
140 gal planted multi species tank 5 yrs old
160 gal cube being modified with a new aquascape
260 gal community predatory tank 1yr old
2*70 gal shrimp species only breeding tank 2 and 4 yrs old
55 gal lowboy 3ftx3ft for fry growing
55 gal predatory growing to join the 260.
2*30 gal for convic breeding as feeder fish
10 gal quarantine tank
2*5 gal quarantine tank

All on ATO system as my water gets from inside a rocky mountain and pull out a perfect 0 PPM all year long, wich i found simplify drastically any maintenance. Useful as this saltwater setup end up being my 13th tank

Actually at day 10 of the cycling process and nh3 has drop half its ppm since the beginning.
Cycling is monitored with seneye probe since day 2 and all recorded

Little last detail , im a scientific glass artist 20yrs in the trade and have started to work some of the equipment i need. Saltwater being so expansive it was almost mandatory where im at. Made my overflow and pump return outlet but soon wanna work a calcium reactor and maybe more , and i can easily do hermit shell out of clear borosilicate glass

I do enjoy forum a lot and your gang here looks fantastic ! Happy to join it .
Thanks for all the heavy knowledge you guys dropped here
PXL_20230504_043902277.jpg
PXL_20230504_043827704.jpg
Welcome to r2r
It’s nice to see fellow French Canadians .

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 45 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.4%
Back