What about Red Sea coral Pro salt mix?

bobnicaragua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the issue you are having keeping coral is due to your high nutrients.

You can absolutely use Red Sea coral pro and run your tank at a lower alk, as long as you have corals to consume the alk.

If you do a 20% water change with your alk at 8 and new water with alk at 11, you will wind up at 8.6.

80% x 8 = 6.4
20% x 11 =2.2

Look to your maintenance routine to keep your nutrients lower, here are some options to consider:

Add a filter sock or filter roller. Start a refugium or algae scrubber. Skim wet or add a better skimmer. Feed less.

Keep your routine constant.

OP
OP
M

MiZuboov

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrates at 60 and Phosphate 0.6 are high too.
That is why I did massive water changes, but I used Red Sea blue bucket.. That salt contains less magnesium..
I looked at the poll about alkalinity and 85% of the respondents hold 7.5-9.. If you use Red Sea coral pro, it will be about 11 kH. Then I don't understand why this salt was invented in principle if it can't be used?
At the same time, I used to make a marine aquarium a long time ago and kept it only on water changes and there was Red Sea coral pro and the corals liked it and there was a powerful Giesemann LED light.

SALTWATER FISH HIPPIE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is why I did massive water changes, but I used Red Sea blue bucket.. That salt contains less magnesium..
I looked at the poll about alkalinity and 85% of the respondents hold 7.5-9.. If you use Red Sea coral pro, it will be about 11 kH. Then I don't understand why this salt was invented in principle if it can't be used?
At the same time, I used to make a marine aquarium a long time ago and kept it only on water changes and there was Red Sea coral pro and the corals liked it and there was a powerful Giesemann LED light.
man i thought the same thing when i started reading about it after they set up the aquarium.

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It’s used by a lot of people myself included. Citing one poll as a quasi retrospective can only generate so much information. How many of the respondents were FOWLR or LPS only? How many were MH/LED/T5 or hybrid. Even if I did a 100% water change with 11kh water I would be under 9kh by the next day. You ultimately have to decide what works best for you. Research will get you in the ballpark but in the end it takes time and observation. Great tanks have been established with both ends of the spectrum. Again, Coke or Pepsi.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back