What are easy sps to keep and grow

All SPS are easy, so long as you can maintain stable water parameters and good lighting.

If you are wanting to know what is the best SPS to begin with, I would suggest birds nest, pocillopora, or stylophora.
 
I agree with Rob.D, In my experience the birds nest and stylo's are very tough for acros. I started my SPS tank with those and then added some others over time. I would check your current and lighting and then try and match some acros for your conditions. GOOD LUCK REEFER!
 
I agree with Rob.D, In my experience the birds nest and stylo's are very tough for acros. I started my SPS tank with those and then added some others over time. I would check your current and lighting and then try and match some acros for your conditions. GOOD LUCK REEFER!


just some info to avoid misinformation. Birdsnest and Stylo's are not Acropora. Birdsnest is a Seriatopora, and Stylo, is a Stylophora.

These mentioned and also some Montipora species are quite hardy as well. And seem to withstand instability better than most Acropora.
 
I agree with the Stylo's and Pocillipora's.

And,


Hello and Welcome to Reef2Reef!

If you haven't already done so you should enter in this months Membership Drive contest sponsored by Alpha Aquaculture! There will be two winners this month and each will receive an awesome Chalice frag shipped for free to your door! Just follow the directions here: https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/me...-february-2013-membership-drive-give-way.html
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new