What are some fish stores we should definitely check out while at Reef-A-Palooza in Dallas, Texas?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For all of us who will be coming in from out of town for RAP Texas, what are the best fish stores to check out in Dallas? Which ones do you guys recommend we make sure not to pass up?

I know @Coral-vault just got anew location that I'm hoping to check out!
cv2.jpg

cv.jpg

Last edited:

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow... DFW metroplex has lots of saltwater stores... Plan a field trip and say "HOWDY!"

Robert's Reef
Dallas North Aquarium
Glass Aquatics
Rift2Reef
Aquastudios
Coral-Vault (not exactly sure where in DFW new larger location)
Saltwater Paradise

... I'm sure I'm missing some... those are off top of my head AND limited to those of the larger ones in that corner... DFW metroplex is third in population only to NYC and Los Angeles and scale is different... really is BIGGER in Texas... but there are MANY more...

OH MY GOODNESS - those teaser photos of Coral-Vault... okay I must get myself over there as they always have nice things and great staff!

hobby club Dallas Fort Worth Marine Aquarium Society will be around, so looking forward to connecting with everyone!

Dinkins Aquatic Gardens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Definitely check out School of Fish for some crazy high end fish, and Absolute Salinity, Valhalla Coral, and Odyssey Pets for some all around greatness!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
salgado aquatics- Some of the best fish/coral prices you will see and they will be at the show also

Coral vault re-opening also

Wrassenaround

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow... DFW metroplex has lots of saltwater stores... Plan a field trip and say "HOWDY!"

Robert's Reef
Dallas North Aquarium
Glass Aquatics
Rift2Reef
Aquastudios
Coral-Vault (not exactly sure where in DFW new larger location)
Saltwater Paradise

... I'm sure I'm missing some... those are off top of my head AND limited to those of the larger ones in that corner... DFW metroplex is third in population only to NYC and Los Angeles and scale is different... really is BIGGER in Texas... but there are MANY more...

OH MY GOODNESS - those teaser photos of Coral-Vault... okay I must get myself over there as they always have nice things and great staff!

hobby club Dallas Fort Worth Marine Aquarium Society will be around, so looking forward to connecting with everyone!
Plus 1 on Dallas North Aquarium and Aquastudios.
I live in KY and have flow back with pieces of coral form both places and they are super healthy and packed very well.

Dallas North Aquarium is the larger of the 2 and has a very good fish selection and an ok coral selection ask about their back room with other corals in it, thats where they've kept the good stuff in the past. ;)

Aquastudios is more coral focused and has very good pieces and a lot of coral selection. Large amounts of good frags for less than $50 and a good size selection of LPS colonies and SPS.

Back