What are some hardy acros suitable for a beginner with acros?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JustAnt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JustAnt

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 20, 2016
Messages
582
Reaction score
430
Location
Westchester county, NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

I’m looking for some recommendations for “easy” acros. I’ve already got a green slimmer frag and a 2 yrs old huge montipora.

My tank is 3 yrs old (RSR 250) and parameters are ALK 8.5, CAL 420ish

Thanks
 
Birdsnest, monticaps, setosa, pocillpora, pavonas
 
Hi

I’m looking for some recommendations for “easy” acros. I’ve already got a green slimmer frag and a 2 yrs old huge montipora.

My tank is 3 yrs old (RSR 250) and parameters are ALK 8.5, CAL 420ish

Thanks
Raise that Calc to 450 or so, and try to pick up some frags from a local reefer. Bonsai, tricolor valid, blue tort, red planet, along those lines, corals that have been around for a long time.
 
Most staghorn acropora are pretty hardy, and I seem to find that the tabling acropora species - stuff like A. millipora and red planet (A. mirabilis?) are pretty reliable for me.

Steve
 
Thanks. I’m gonna be busy looking for all these at reefapalooza tomorrow!
 
Green slimer isn't just hardy; it is also just a really nice acro. Brilliant green, great polyps.
 
+1 for the PC Rainbow. That's the one I usually tell my friends to get when they start with SPS because that one can take a good amount of abuse and still do great with colors and growth.
 
Most of the ORA corals are hardy.

+1
the hawkins echinita(spelled wrong lol) i would save for later its not that its not hardy just its a little less hardy to improper light acclimation than others they have.
 
I have a red shortcake that has done very well
 
I’m still here shopping! So far I got a Oregon blue tort, red planet, birds nest, and think bird of Paradise is the last one!

How am I doing?
 
I honestly can remember the name or where I got it! That’s when I knew I had to call it a day!
 
Bubblegum digi?
Here is a picture. I still can’t believe I don’t recall the vendor or name of coral.

DE602B8E-448C-4323-8203-32584A221911.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 21 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new