What are some of your favorite non-SPS-focused tanks? Let's see those awesome tanks that are not acro-dominant!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm a sucker for SPS tanks and acro-dominant mixed reefs! I love 'em! However, some soft coral, LPS, and NPS tanks are mind-blowing! Absolutely gorgeous!! So, let's show those tanks some love!! Post up your favorite non-SPS-focused tanks! (That doesn't mean they don't have any SPS, just that SPS isn't the dominant coral type.)

Let's see those awesome reef tanks!! (Bonus points if you post a link to their tank thread!)

PhishMonger84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sure of anyones specific tanks but SPS is the least appealing coral IMHO. if it weren't difficult would ppl actually want them?

I'd go softy or LPS over SPS every day of the week.

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've still got to add some more corals with mine. I'm going to try to keep all stoney corals (even LPS) out of the tank. I'm just going to embrace the easy to keep pest corals, let them take over the whole tank. Going to be interesting to see the results in a year or two once I've added more and everything's grown in.

1690566348411.png

PhishMonger84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've still got to add some more corals with mine. I'm going to try to keep all stoney corals (even LPS) out of the tank. I'm just going to embrace the easy to keep pest corals, let them take over the whole tank. Going to be interesting to see the results in a year or two once I've added more and everything's grown in.

1690566348411.png
the pest are my favorites!

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1690566348411.png
Going to be a cool tank too once it is filled with coral!

PhishMonger84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the hope! I'm probably going to fill about 1/3rd of it with Xenia and Kenya tree, another third with leathers, and then various polyps and anemones scattered around.
that's the same goal i have with my 40! except i have GSP glued to the overflow too

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the hope! I'm probably going to fill about 1/3rd of it with Xenia and Kenya tree, another third with leathers, and then various polyps and anemones scattered around.
Yeah, I'm definitely curious to see how it all plays out for you!

IntrinsicReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, thank you very much. I recently had to take that tank down due to a remodel, but I moved the leathers and hammers to another system because I loved the look. Very fluffy and wavy. Antithesis of a stick tank
Holy cow. That first one is amazing. Literally my dream tank

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.6%
Back