What are the MOST important things to test?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Joe Tony
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Thank you all for your input. You've given me much to consider.

I think I'll probably just get the Hanna test kit for alkalinity, a refractometer, and get cheaper salifert kits for nitrates and phosphates. I currently only have four small coral polyps, and one of them is a mushroom, so maybe when I get several more corals, then I'll get a salifert test kit for calcium.
 
For reference:

Parameters.png
 
IMO, alkalinity and calcium are essential, as are salinity and temperature.

Most everything else is case dependent.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.4%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 32.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new