What are these exactly?

prodrumernate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have done some googling and searching, even on here but no luck. does anyone know what these 2 creatures are and they are of worry? if the pictures arent of good enough quality.please let me know and ill take more. thank you all :)

quick info on my setup
10g nano
1 blue damsel
currently no substrate(will be adding sand a little later)
1 Live rock
1 dry coral i had for a long time

im looking for more rock to add

20200126_183257.jpg 20200126_191347.jpg 20200126_191418.jpg 20200126_191419.jpg 20200126_191421.jpg 20200126_191436.jpg

stanleo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure the OP is talking about the spirorbid worms. Those white curly things are spirorbid worms but there is also the white pinkish flatworm almost dead center in the rock. I would remove that immediately. The aiptasia is not a good thing either.

OP
OP
prodrumernate

prodrumernate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
eek. i thought that was a aiptasia but couldnt be too sure as im a noob to saltwater im sure yall have realized. i didnt even take notice of the spirorbid worms until it was mentioned.im really glad there are those that have the knowledge and experience for this.ive done fersh water for over 10 years but this is my first salt. not only is it my first but its also a "budget" tank.

any good way to rid of them without removing the rock from the tank and or without stressing the Damsel anymore than it is?i could possibly add another fish or creature to the tank, though 10g too small i think.i have a 20g hex that i easily switch it out with.i just wanted small on my dresser to get into the hobby for now then go bigger later.

OP
OP
prodrumernate

prodrumernate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure the OP is talking about the spirorbid worms. Those white curly things are spirorbid worms but there is also the white pinkish flatworm almost dead center in the rock. I would remove that immediately. The aiptasia is not a good thing either.

yes, the white pinkish thing is of concern and the second thing i noticed.there seems to possibly be 2 smaller ones rite below it but i dont want to touch or move the rock as of yet until i know the best action to take so i dont cause anymore issues in the tank.google search really didnt show anything like that in my tank.

stanleo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
eek. i thought that was a aiptasia but couldnt be too sure as im a noob to saltwater im sure yall have realized. i didnt even take notice of the spirorbid worms until it was mentioned.im really glad there are those that have the knowledge and experience for this.ive done fersh water for over 10 years but this is my first salt. not only is it my first but its also a "budget" tank.

any good way to rid of them without removing the rock from the tank and or without stressing the Damsel anymore than it is?i could possibly add another fish or creature to the tank, though 10g too small i think.i have a 20g hex that i easily switch it out with.i just wanted small on my dresser to get into the hobby for now then go bigger later.
Peppermint shrimps are your only option for something that MIGHT eat them. They might not. Aiptasia X is a product that I have success with in the past to get rid of aiptasia.

As for the flatworm, you can try to siphon it out. I would definitely do something cause I don't trust any flatworms that big.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.6%
Back