What are these tiny red polyps

  • Thread starter Thread starter Phadrix
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Phadrix

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 21, 2025
Messages
13
Reaction score
3
Location
Ithaca
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw these tiny red guys under my galaxea yesterday. Should I be scared? Any idea what they are?


20260521_115355_6DBBC3A3-3E0B-47AF-81F3-99D11AE5C5C7.png
 
Phew! That’s what I was hoping for. Thanks! I thought they looked kinda cool but was worried they might go nuts.
 
Phew! That’s what I was hoping for. Thanks! I thought they looked kinda cool but was worried they might go nuts.
No worries, they usually stay small and there is no need to be alarmed, the more your have the better it is because they help you with water quality and clarity 😊
 
Saw these tiny red guys under my galaxea yesterday. Should I be scared? Any idea what they are?


20260521_115355_6DBBC3A3-3E0B-47AF-81F3-99D11AE5C5C7.png
Did those come on your coral or were they from the rock you got?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 51 34.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 22 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new