What are these white polyps

  • Thread starter Thread starter Phadrix
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Phadrix

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 21, 2025
Messages
13
Reaction score
3
Location
Ithaca
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone identify these white polyps in my reef tank? There are about 5 that I can see in various places. Do I need to remove them asap?
20260617_122417_CADFA8BD-1AF0-494A-A079-2B0F54B45FBC.png
 
Pineapple sponge! Harmless filter feeder. :)
 
Awesome! Thank you! My last mystery creature was a tube worm that seems to have hitchhiked in on the same frag, so, score I guess!
 
Awesome! Thank you! My last mystery creature was a tube worm that seems to have hitchhiked in on the same frag, so, score I guess!
What kind of rock is this? I have definitely found some cool critters on my live rock!
 
Awesome! Thank you! My last mystery creature was a tube worm that seems to have hitchhiked in on the same frag, so, score I guess!
What kind of rock is this? I have definitely found some cool critters on my live rock!
Just CaribSea dry LifeRock. I think the critters hitchhiked in on a galaxea.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new