OP
OP
M

marktheshark87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And a bristleworm ugly little buggers not welcome in my tanks!
Yeah I’m not a fan but I got so many in my sand bed I’d probably have to replace all my sand but not doing that anytime soon, I just pluck them out with tweezers when I see a given opportunity, got a massive one living in one of my rocks

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah I’m not a fan but I got so many in my sand bed I’d probably have to replace all my sand but not doing that anytime soon, I just pluck them out with tweezers when I see a given opportunity, got a massive one living in one of my rocks
You should consider a wrasse or arrow crab to help control the population.

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wrasse are good, ive heard that 6 line (which can be aggressive) and also coris wrasse and melanarus wrasse also, for not wrasse springeri damsel should do the job (i have one and its always picking at things)

OP
OP
M

marktheshark87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should consider a wrasse or arrow crab to help control the population.
Yeah I think I’m getting close to my tank limit, I got 3 hermits, 1 Pom Pom crab, 3 berggia nudibranch, and a turbo snail i think (it’s pretty big) then a black onyx Picasso clown fish, yellow clown goby, and a banggii cardinal. In a 15 gallon fluval flex idk if I can put anything more in it

OP
OP
M

marktheshark87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and a bristle worm trap. I had some in my last tank. made it no fun to put hands in. Got poked a few times. :\
How do you go abouts that?, most of the ones I pull out are like 1/2 inch but I do have one that’s like 2 1/2 inches I tried to get him out but it just retreats into the rock right when I put my hand in

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah I think I’m getting close to my tank limit, I got 3 hermits, 1 Pom Pom crab, 3 berggia nudibranch, and a turbo snail i think (it’s pretty big) then a black onyx Picasso clown fish, yellow clown goby, and a banggii cardinal. In a 15 gallon fluval flex idk if I can put anything more in it
Oh that’s pushing it on fish but maybe you can if you give up the nudibranchs once finished if they are clearing aptasia or pom pom crab!

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 planaria. Wrasses work also target (spotted) mandarins. The blue ones don’t in my experience. Flatworm exit (FWE) is another option but definitely read up if that’s your direction; there are plenty of guides out there. Melevs Reef has a good one. They are toxic when they die and you’ve got plenty so if you do FWE you’ll want to siphon out what you can before the treatment.

OP
OP
M

marktheshark87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh that’s pushing it on fish but maybe you can if you give up the nudibranchs once finished if they are clearing aptasia or pom pom crab!
Yeah my aptasia problem is kinda running ramped right now and is multiplying quicker then they can eat them. I’ve only ever seen one nudibranch out at a time so for all I know 1 is alive but I originally put 2 in then I added another one. It’s spreading through out my sand bed and seems when they eat one 3 more pop up where they just ate it from

OP
OP
M

marktheshark87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 planaria. Wrasses work also target (spotted) mandarins. The blue ones don’t in my experience. Flatworm exit (FWE) is another option but definitely read up if that’s your direction; there are plenty of guides out there. Melevs Reef has a good one. They are toxic when they die and you’ve got plenty so if you do FWE you’ll want to siphon out what you can before the treatment.
Do you think if I just pulled all my sand out and replaced it with new sand, then treated with fwe would that suffice

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think if I just pulled all my sand out and replaced it with new sand, then treated with fwe would that suffice
Personally do not recommend that. Siphon as part of a water change… if you can’t, siphon the water thru a filter sock then back into the tank. The sand is likely filled with bacteria you want to keep in the tank

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 41 31.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back