What are these?

StartingATank

Self-Diagnosed Coral Addict
View Badges
Joined
Nov 30, 2024
Messages
2,385
Reaction score
1,753
Location
DFW Metroplex
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So, first of all, I couldn't get a picture of them because they are so small and the same color as my rock. Secondly, They look like a worm, like an earthworm, that is an eight of an inch long with very small axolotl horns on them, which the whole thing is the color of natural live rock without the purple algae. Third, I introduced new fish 2 days ago and then this appeared, I got a tomini Tang, a blue spotted goby, a sea cucumber, and a couple snails. I accidentally have been feeding too much to my fish, and so there is a big nitrate and phosphate bloom. Nitrates are 24 ppm, and phosphates are .10 ppm. What could this be.
 
Worm could be a bristle or bobbit worm. Need to see pictures of everything, if you can get pictures.
 
There's thousands of species of marine worms, can't ID based of a description with no image. Your nitrate and phosphates are fine, id bring nitrate down to 20 and phosphate is fine .10 is in the ideal range.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new