What are your favorite species of corals?

MrBrbsmoke

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am growing extremely fond of all the Mushrooms available in the hobby, what makes it difficult is they're not that big of a deal in Japan (aside from the usually overpriced bounces) and finding anything other than common varieties is a pain in the butt. The up-side is when I find some, its exquisite. Here are some of my recent gets and two newcomers I am excited for.

1 week in this tank and he decided to split into 3, that middle flap between them has a bit of mouth and guts sealed up pretty well.. Thankfully moving this one to my clownfish cave means though they didn't care about him at all before they beat up inverts that come close.

mush1.jpg

Came the size of a small plug on top of an itty rock, being prepped for a better mushroom garden but in a temporary holding area until then.

mush2.jpg

There's a story to this Yuma. I bought a Yuma, it disappeared into the rockwork in an area I don't want to disturb, a while later this little guy was floating around. Also in time out until it decides to stick to a rock of some sort.

mush3.jpg

These two I just bought, I asked someone at a shop if they get any unique colors in to call me and thankfully they did and I ordered them an hour ago.
mush45.jpg

EDIT: I am aware I didn't pick a specific species of mushrooms, and I do probably pay more attention to an Okinawan hairy leather that moves around a lot in my tank but have mercy on my indecision.

OP
OP
R33fJunkies

R33fJunkies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow! Those look amazing. Those colors look fantastic on those mushrooms. Great picks! :)

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Euphyllia, and one that I don't have but really want are scolys.

Edit: haha, if you saw I want scolds, I dont. I swear that was autocorrect...

Here's a pic of my hammer:

20240325_173348.jpg

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonis , Torches/Frogspawn/Hammers are favs . But I love all corals. And my nems.

IMG_3420.jpeg IMG_3419.jpeg IMG_3421.jpeg IMG_3422.jpeg IMG_3413.jpeg IMG_3415.jpeg IMG_3402.jpeg IMG_3357.jpeg IMG_3354.jpeg IMG_3417.jpeg IMG_3352.jpeg IMG_3397.jpeg
Awesome pictures. What is that (nem?) In the 7th pic?

Also, that red goni in the last pic is to die for. Absolutely stunning!

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome pictures. What is that (nem?) In the 7th pic?

Also, that red goni in the last pic is to die for. Absolutely stunning!
Black Widow. It was one but split several months ago. The red Goni started as two small frags that I glued next to each other last year

DenverSaltyFarm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A very specific coral I love is the Pocillopora verrucosa. Its very common in the wild but seldom seen in the hobby as it grows best and looks best under metal halide and does not look great with the led lights. Im on the lookout to find a frag :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Pocillopora verrucosa.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Sir Bubb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A very specific coral I love is the Pocillopora verrucosa. Its very common in the wild but seldom seen in the hobby as it grows best and looks best under metal halide and does not look great with the led lights. Im on the lookout to find a frag :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Pocillopora verrucosa.jpg
Starting to see these being imported more frequently since Fiji opened back up.

IMG_3603.jpeg

This is the one that I picked up a couple weeks ago. Actually, I keep going back and forth on whether this is P. verrucosa or P. meandrina.

DenverSaltyFarm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting to see these being imported more frequently since Fiji opened back up.

IMG_3603.jpeg

This is the one that I picked up a couple weeks ago. Actually, I keep going back and forth on whether this is P. verrucosa or P. meandrina.
That looks amazing, did you get it locally or website?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 61 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back