What Book are You Reading Right Now?

  • Thread starter Thread starter revsgirl
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
^ I've heard it's great!
 
^ Absolutely, he was!
 
I've "converted" almost the whole extended family to Mac addicts!! The only person who keeps bashing Mac is my own wife ... she's too pampered by all the custom Windows software created specifically for her profession. My kids are all about Mac and I've got 3 Mac desktop computers and a Mac Book laptop (kids) plus a measly PC computer which my wife has been bugging me to reformat it's hard drive. I use Macs at work as well.

Paul
 
^ My husband and daughter have converted, too. While we haven't updated desktops and laptops, yet, we are definitely heading in that direction. David had to have the IPad and IPhone and my daughter just got the IPhone for her birthday. Next upgrades will for sure be Macs.
 
You'll probably all think I'm a dork... I'm reading Superfreakonomics
 
^ My husband and daughter have converted, too. While we haven't updated desktops and laptops, yet, we are definitely heading in that direction. David had to have the IPad and IPhone and my daughter just got the IPhone for her birthday. Next upgrades will for sure be Macs.

Also you can upgrade your Mac (desktop) to run Windows as well instead of buying a separate PC hard drive. You don't need to install a third party application eg. Parallel to run a virtual Windows application nowadays.

Paul
 
^ I've not read much by her, although I like to hear her speak. I have read her devotional though. Very good..

Yeah, she is very good. I love all of her books. She is a great speaker aswell.
 
Had to put down Wicked! :squigglemouth: It doesn't take lewdness and foul language to make a good read!?!? Anyways, I am reading Extraordinary by Nancy Werlin, now. It's good so far...
 
Im a dork too- i loved freakonomics and superfreakonomics! Also Brave New World that was mentioned before is an amazing classic. I find it hilarious that "Soma" is an actual prescription drug now. I am currently reading Fingerprints of the Gods by Graham Hancock.

For those who like a Dan Brown- type adventure, check out God's Lions by John Lyman. He's a friend of mine and I did the cover art.
 
^ I googled it! That's pretty awesome! Congrats! The book sounds great, I'll be sure and pick it up!
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new