What bulb for sump/refuge

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dana
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dana

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2013
Messages
527
Reaction score
29
Location
Ma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I know this subject probably doesn't need another thread, but, I'll go for it anyways.
So my DIY sump is finally up and running, now I want to put some cheato in there. My plan is for the easy clamp on light, but the bulb choices are endless!
Can someone please recommend what exactly I need here. Cfl I know that much but there are hundreds of them at hd. Any particular wattage? Soft white? Links to bulbs you use would be helpful too.
Also I noticed some bulbs with Cree led in them,has anyone tried these yet?
Thanks
 
Thanks for the input you two
 
The only bulbs I could find at lowes close is 23 watt 5000 k
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 20 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new